• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Okay, haven't read everything yet but here's my 2 cents....Save tons of money and only put a slab under the area that will be living space for now. I don't know your age or experience level, but do as much of the labor as you possibly can by yourself or with help of experienced friends since they usually work for beer and brats....I know 2 people that went this route and have seen a few other homes this way as well. The 2 families I am friends with tell me they were able to build for about a third of the cost over stick building and ended up with more space and a higher quality finish on the interior due to the savings on the exterior......Who cares what the outside looks like, it isn't there for the aesthetic pleasure of others....Oh, both are two story living quarters and one has in indoor balcony as well as an outdoor balcony and an amazing deck.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Okay, haven't read everything yet but here's my 2 cents....Save tons of money and only put a slab under the area that will be living space for now. I don't know your age or experience level, but do as much of the labor as you possibly can by yourself or with help of experienced friends since they usually work for beer and brats....I know 2 people that went this route and have seen a few other homes this way as well. The 2 families I am friends with tell me they were able to build for about a third of the cost over stick building and ended up with more space and a higher quality finish on the interior due to the savings on the exterior......Who cares what the outside looks like, it isn't there for the aesthetic pleasure of others....Oh, both are two story living quarters and one has in indoor balcony as well as an outdoor balcony and an amazing deck.

Just make sure you don't have any neighbors.

Bull

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Jennings County

I would love to see pictures of these

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Isn't that the crappiest thing? Four loan limit is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. BTDT, nearly strangled the loan guy for waiting until the last minute to tell us.

Financing is tightening up, that's for sure. One extreme to the other. And it all could have been avoided.

BOA is now at three loans or less. I can refinance my primary residence again, but the bigger banks won't even talk to me now.

We got in real estate investments in 2001. Completely different now. I didn't do anything to help the crash, but I am paying the price for it. Had I known I wouldn't have spent the cash on hand back then.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Live and learn! It was so easy back then. You could get a loan for just about anything. Everyone was all 125% LTV and the appraisal people cushioned the numbers to make the deals. Everyone was flipping and moving up to McMansion status and then the bottom just fell out!!! Those were the days!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom