Steel Case Ammo-Any feasable use for the empties?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Because I have 2 friends that I shoot with that both exclusively use steel 45 and don't reload. At least 200 rounds each, every time we go to the range. They pick up their brass and dump it in the bag with mine.

It reloads just fine for plinking ammo. I can use it when I shoot at places that don't allow me to pick up my brass when I finish. I get to keep and grow my real brass supply while still shooting at these places. Sometimes it's fun to load them up with some Gold Dot, XTP, or powder coated HP's. I like the strange looks people give them when they see what they are. I've had people ask me if Wolf was making self defense ammo now. Sometimes I'll :bs:them for a while. Sometimes it's just fun to do something different.

Lots of reasons.

No reason for me to reload steel cases, I have an inventory or over 10thousand 45 acp cases.

Little over 5 thousand 38 spec.

Few thousand 30/30.

How many .223? No Idea but I deprimed & tumbled 2 5 gal.pails, & 4 milk jugs.

I couldgo on with .32 ACP, 9 MM Oh my god, the boxes are endless, 30/06, 8 mm Mauser, the list es endless.

So why reload steel case?

Well I guess if you are out of brass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also cast my own, or used to, lead? likely over a ton, & 6 5 gal pails to smelt yet, will it happen? at 73 who knows.

Last edited:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    BTW, when younger and not fighting cancer, I reloaded for 40 different calibers.

I did do experience with steel & alum. cases, but it was just an experienment.

At 73 I just screw around with such as this, no time left.

Top Bottom