• ...and so much more!
  • G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Is a GO...

The weather looks like it will be hot (for April). But, only for me. For everyone else, I'm guessing it will be juuuuuuuuuust right.

The Plate Rack will be back.

The SCSA standards will be :: Speed Option and Outer Limits.

START TIMES WILL BE NORMAL (SUMMER) TIMES ::
    SET-UP :: 8:30
    SIGN-IN starting at 9:00
    SAFETY MEETING (REQUIRED) :: 10:00
    BANG & CLANG :: 10:17 (
    +/-)

I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE !!!

G7

mssmith44

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    The scores on the practiscore site are not in the correct format.
    I have the scores in the format that Eric used.
    Send a PM with your email and I will send the file.
    Thanks for everyone coming out and putting up with the kindle issues.

Last edited:

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    We may be going back to paper next month. More time consuming on the back end, but WAY BETTER on the match-morning end...

Public THANY YOU !!! to Mark for dealing with the PractiScore crap. Some of it was my fault. Some of it is the PS ap's fault. NONE of it was Mark's fault... Hats off to Mark for pulling us through.
    Also, special thanks to the RO's whose arms I twisted :: Skeeter and Mike... in particular.

MAY's match will be on the 16th.

mssmith44

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    I want to say many thanks to Eric for running the match.
    Unless you have tried to run one of these matches, it is hard to realize how much effort it takes.
    It seems like every match is a learning experience for me in what can go wrong.
    I am trying for the best experience for the shooters, ROs, and scorers.

GunSense LLC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    Russiaville
    Thoughs on Practiscore

A couple comments on practiscore.

1) Some how, someone shooting 2 guns, had one of her guns missed. Mark added her 2nd gun to our squad. Somehow that only added her to that stage. Seems like a bug in PS.

2) PS seems to be set up with the understanding that the Kindle stays at the bay, and the different squads come and go. When navigating on the Kindle, your first pick a stage, then a squad, then a shooter. That messed up my squad more than once, because we entered a lot of scores on the wrong stage. It would be nice if PS had the option to default to Kindle stays with Squad. (Or, alternately, leave the Kindles at the stage)

3) There is an option to move a shooters scores from stage to stage, but when that was attempted, PS crashed. We ended up hand writing the scores, deleting them from the wrong state and entering them in the right stage.

4) Also, there is an option to move a shooters scores from person to person within a squad/stage. That also crashed. We had a couple cases, where the correct scores were recorded against the wrong gun.

In all, I thought the Kindles worked well, when everything was done right, but when something was done wrong (wrong stage, wrong shooter, missing shooter, etc), PS didn't seem very robust in allowing us to fix it. Not sure how to request improvements, or if it is OpenSource and if the source is available to update, but I would be willing to help with that.

Larry Piekarski

mssmith44

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    A couple comments on practiscore.

1) Some how, someone shooting 2 guns, had one of her guns missed. Mark added her 2nd gun to our squad. Somehow that only added her to that stage. Seems like a bug in PS.

2) PS seems to be set up with the understanding that the Kindle stays at the bay, and the different squads come and go. When navigating on the Kindle, your first pick a stage, then a squad, then a shooter. That messed up my squad more than once, because we entered a lot of scores on the wrong stage. It would be nice if PS had the option to default to Kindle stays with Squad. (Or, alternately, leave the Kindles at the stage)

3) There is an option to move a shooters scores from stage to stage, but when that was attempted, PS crashed. We ended up hand writing the scores, deleting them from the wrong state and entering them in the right stage.

4) Also, there is an option to move a shooters scores from person to person within a squad/stage. That also crashed. We had a couple cases, where the correct scores were recorded against the wrong gun.

In all, I thought the Kindles worked well, when everything was done right, but when something was done wrong (wrong stage, wrong shooter, missing shooter, etc), PS didn't seem very robust in allowing us to fix it. Not sure how to request improvements, or if it is OpenSource and if the source is available to update, but I would be willing to help with that.

Larry Piekarski

Most of these seem like practiscore bugs. I have been working with Practiscore support for some of these bugs. The Kindles at ACC are on 1.2.24
    Mine are on 1.2.27 The score transfer bug was one that was fixed with 1.2.26.

I don't have access to these other than on Match day. They were not charged totally.
    Our Squad kindle ran out of charge on the second to last stage. I used my phone as backup.

For the theory of leaving the kindles on a stage or going with the squad.
    If they are stuck on the stage, the new shooter would have to be added to each Kindle, but a stage change would be only on one.
    If they are stuck with the squad, a new shooter would only have to be added to one. But a stage change would have to be added to all.
    I think the Ideal would be a Kindle on each stage with the master within synching distance of the stage kindles.

Thanks for helping work out the problems on the last match.

The next match will probably just use paper score sheets.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Just now seen your post.
    We used the Kindles Saturday at Riley for SC.
    No issues other than one of them overheating and had to get it out of the sun for awhile and the results didn't format correctly when uploaded through the Android app.
    Set up the match and registered all competitors on one Kindle, then synced the others.
    Put one Kindle on each stage and left it there.
    Used a Master to pull scores from the other devices after each stage.
    Eventually synced to an iOS device and re-uploaded to Practiscore to get the proper format.
    Emailed the results to myself and then opened the .html file in a browser, copied and pasted to Microsoft word and saved as .doc and.pdf

Haven't been able to generate a classifier/activity report yet as PS says that there were 8 shooters in unrecognized divisions, there were only 2. They may have to be edited out prior to generating the report, don't know yet.

Top Bottom