• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fordfarmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    You know if a guy is looking for pistol targets and has a plasma cutter just go to warner steel and get a plate and cut your own .Or they will cut some things for free ,you don’t need ar500 for pistol.

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    I get mine from various vendors, surprisingly the Indy 1500 show has a few decent vendors. In between shows, shootsteel usually has decent sales periodically.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I bought a pile of targets from bobcat steel years ago. They have been shot a ton and when they finally die, I will get more from him.

I met some guys from shootsteel.com in a class and they seem like nice guys, but bobcat is also a nice guy a supporter and a local, so he gets my dollars.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    My old work. They get 1/2” 1018 plates burnt out for parts to machine. The burnout company sends the whole sheet back and the leftovers get scraped. I left on good terms (Covid forced me to find a new job) so theyll pretty much let me do whatever i want there. I just grab the torch, make squares, circles, whatever, weld some chain on it and take it home. Even built a dueling tree with some scraps and that as the targets on it. Its not AR500 but i have yet to out a hole in one. Plenty of dents though, i figure if it does get wore out i can always throw it in the scrap bin and make a new one. Biggest caliber i own is .308 so it works.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My old work. They get 1/2” 1018 plates burnt out for parts to machine. The burnout company sends the whole sheet back and the leftovers get scraped. I left on good terms (Covid forced me to find a new job) so theyll pretty much let me do whatever i want there. I just grab the torch, make squares, circles, whatever, weld some chain on it and take it home. Even built a dueling tree with some scraps and that as the targets on it. Its not AR500 but i have yet to out a hole in one. Plenty of dents though, i figure if it does get wore out i can always throw it in the scrap bin and make a new one. Biggest caliber i own is .308 so it works.
    The dents are what you have to watch as they cause splatter to start going all kinds of places you don't want it. If you are shooting it with rifles at distance, that is not an issue. If you are using handguns, it can be.

fordfarmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Morgan County
    My closes ar500 target is 50 yards swinging the others are silhouette on 30 degree or more at 100 to 400 yards . After shooting there’s a line at the bottom of target were bullets break up.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I'm partial to discs off the farm. They hold up well to pistols and even most rifles out past 150 yards or so. There is no doubt when you hit them.

Top Bottom