• ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Well, since we haven't been mentioned yet, I guess I should offer up our services as well.....:cool:

What can we assist you with?

superman63086

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Franklin, IN
    Wow so you guys really like water buffalos...wait what were we talking about?

Ok. Ok. You dont have to pull my leg. Just gotta convince my wife that its worth it :)

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I bought a couple fence posts from the local hardware store. Had a buddy who is a welder put on two ovals onto each fencepost. Smaller upper one(head) and larger lower one(torso). Total cost was about $20 for the posts and I paid him $20 for the time and scrap metal IIRC.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I bought a couple fence posts from the local hardware store. Had a buddy who is a welder put on two ovals onto each fencepost. Smaller upper one(head) and larger lower one(torso). Total cost was about $20 for the posts and I paid him $20 for the time and scrap metal IIRC.

what kind of metal did he weld onto the post? im not sure about this so somone correct me if im wrong but doesn't welding targets heat them up therefore losing its "hardness"

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    what kind of metal did he weld onto the post? im not sure about this so somone correct me if im wrong but doesn't welding targets heat them up therefore losing its "hardness"

Any process that adds heat is going to affect the temper to some degree.

As long as the person doing the welding has half an idea of what they are doing, the act of welding shouldn't leave much/any discernible differences in hardness.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    why not bolt your targets to a welded frame, or chain, with carriage bolts? that alleviates any concerns about heat damage, and doesn't limit your target utilization options.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As everyone else has said... BOBCAT STEEL. He's at every 1500. Good price's. Bunch of different styles and sizes to choose from. I've bought 2 from him thus far and not a problem yet.

Highly recommend him and his wife!

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Just wanted to give a shot out to Bobcat steel.....this co.will be going somewhere....great customer service,excellent product,and very friendly employees.Lisa from BCS is top notch,and really knows her stuff.

Lisa also answered all my questions,and was very informative about all the great BCS products.

I can't wait to meet Kimball and the rest of the gang.

If your looking for great steel targets you can't go wrong at Bob Cat Steel.

Top Bottom