• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SandyConner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Yorktown
    I don't know if this is the right place for this or not, but figured I would ask....

Last week when we went to the range with another couple, my friend's husband had steel targets. I really liked shooting them because you get some instand feedback on how you did.

I'm looking around for some... any suggestions?

I saw there is a place called bobcat steel.... pretty good?

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I saw there is a place called bobcat steel....

BobCat Steel is a GREAT source for target steel--Just give Kimball a call or e-mail+they will set you up..Bill

SandyConner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Yorktown
    That's all good enough for me!

Thanks guys.

I might need to wait a little while to round up some cash, but I think I will like shooting the steel a lot better. Plus, I only need to buy it once. Oh, and saving all that paper from the trash can should keep the greenies pacified... like I care. LOL!

tws63

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    jennings county
    google artzen targets. he is in rockford illinois. he also has videos on youtube.
    i have mine shipped to southern indiana.cost aint that bad.
    good targets aint cheap. i buy the targets that can withstand high power rifle.
    different diameters make different sounds which is kinda cool.
    i have not shot at a paper target since i have started shooting at what i call dingers.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Look into Bobcat steel, they are a good company to deal with, offer a quality product, and any time I have been quoted shipping prices, they were actually quite low, from what you might expect. After a trip to the 1500, its pretty apparent that Bobcat sells a higher quality product than the competition, and when your talking about something that you are shooting at, the last thing you want to worry about is the quality of the target.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Bobcat Steel hangs in my range and no other. Kimball is a member, he is a shooter, he's local, and he's a great guy. I have no reason to ever do business with anyone else for AR500 targets. :ingo::rockwoot:

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I really like the Duck Hunt target. I'm planning to add a jack or three next year to the other Bobcat Steel I have. We're thinking jack races would be fun. I also have the plans in my head for a plate rack using the standard rounds they sell. Three tiers high, 2" on top, 4" on bottom two levels, 6-8 targets on each level with reset arms on all levels.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I'll give another nod to Bobcat Steel. It's all I have and I am very happy with them.

But, whatever you decide to go with make sure it is made for it's intended use. Cheaper still is available but causes problems and safety issues. AR500 3/8" thick are what I am using for pistol and rifle. Other than they need repainting I see no signs of damage.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Sorry I missed this post earlier!!
    Thanks for all the kind words.

Our revamped website should launch this coming weekend assuming everything goes as planned.....the new site should have pickup options built into the web orders as well as live shipping quotes.

You are always welcome to drop us a PM or Email, or drop us a line on Facebook. We like to talk direct to our customers! Phone is a good option as well. 406-570-4373.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Can anyone tell me how well the Bobcat plates hold up to 5N7 milsurp 5.45x39 FMJ with a mild steel core?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Can anyone tell me how well the Bobcat plates hold up to 5N7 milsurp 5.45x39 FMJ with a mild steel core?

You should have no issues with that ammo. I shoot mine with XM 855 steel core 5.56 all the time, they've also weathered .30 cal, 7.62 x 54, .308, and .300 ACC, They just ring and chip paint. AR500 will take just about all you can throw at it. I do think .50 cal will do some damage, depending on the range, though.

my kid will love the sponge bob.
    i like the make it walk target.

I have one of the rimfire walkers. They are a ton of fun to shoot.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Bobcat makes really nice ones and they are good folks to deal with to boot.

If you have a cutting torch, and know how to use it, you can also make your own.
    Go to the scrap yard and get some nice, thick scrap steel and cut it into the shape you seek.

Top Bottom