• ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks, guess I could have watched it first. :cheers:

I am sure to be in touch for one. The range I go to has a number of your targets.
    I love to shoot them for all the same reasons others post, it is nice to here the ring of a hit and see the target move.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    We have had a 6 paddle Bobcat dueling tree for about 2 years. All 6 paddles have broken at the pivot point twice. Bobcat says new design in the works. I would wait on the new design if contemplating a purchase.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I bought some AR500 plates from Wideners and they've held up well to everything from 9mm to XM855 to 30-06. I didn't know about Bobcat steel when I placed my order, but just guessing from the amount of support they've got in this thread that they'd be good to deal with.

Personally once I made the switch to shooting steel targets I all but lost interest in punching holes in paper all together.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We have had a 6 paddle Bobcat dueling tree for about 2 years. All 6 paddles have broken at the pivot point twice. Bobcat says new design in the works. I would wait on the new design if contemplating a purchase.

Of the 13ish total paddles we've heard of issues on, you guys have had 10 of them. I still believe it is derived from using rifle calibers as that has been the common thread among the issues. The target has always been intended as a pistol target. May have just been a bad piece of tube that we received from our vendor. We will probably never know the actual cause.

We have been using a redesigned hinge in production for a while now. Have not heard any issues come back since the change.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Bobcat makes really nice ones and they are good folks to deal with to boot.

If you have a cutting torch, and know how to use it, you can also make your own.
    Go to the scrap yard and get some nice, thick scrap steel and cut it into the shape you seek.

Not really true. Mild steel will not hold up like AR500. I built target holders for my local range out of 1/2 mild steel. A year later, they were unusable due to repeated hits with nothing larger than .556. I bought 3/8 AR500, made the same type carriers, and, two years later, they look almost brand new.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    You can enlarge the holes on the tabs you can swap out to the new system. Needs to go to 13/16ths or 25/32nds.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    I have 6 pieces of BC steel The oldest being one of his first IPSC 100% which has weathered everything from .308, 7.62x54R, 7mm rem Mag, etc. and the newest being a full size Appleseed D. Though the IPSC now has a hole in it from some yahoo shooting M855 at it from 50 yards without me knowing it, it took like 5-6 shots in a row to the same area to perf it. I Wholeheartedly recommend his products and always ships fairly and quickly.

As a side note, Kimball, you really should design a T post hanger for the larger targets. That is one of the most robust ways to hang a larger target I have found.

Top Bottom