Steer me towards the best food in town. Fort Wayne.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So I ended up transplanting to Fort Wayne. Where can the best grub be found? I'm a fan of just about everything (except Chinese food), but especially love good pizza or Mexican food.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Coney Island. MMMM.

On Main Street, just east of Harrison. Excellent food. The hot dogs are good. The chili is EXCELLENT. Burgers are better than any fast food shop, and equal to many of the local road/steak houses. There is nothing else that can make me go downtown.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Bakers Street or Eddie Merlots are great choices if you are doing a date night.

Rack and Helen's in New Haven if you like a bar setting (they have smoking, so if it bothers you it may not be the best choice)

Wu's for Chinese

Buffalo wings and Ribs for... do I need to say

I can keep going, but trust me in that I don't miss a good meal

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Bakers Street or Eddie Merlots are great choices if you are doing a date night.

Rack and Helen's in New Haven if you like a bar setting (they have smoking, so if it bothers you it may not be the best choice)

Wu's for Chinese

Buffalo wings and Ribs for... do I need to say

I can keep going, but trust me in that I don't miss a good meal

Don't go to BWW's, they are a VERY anti-2A establishment. For wings, go to wings etc or hooters. :)

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I go where the food is good and I always try to support local vs. corporate. I have no problem carrying in bww since I mostly CC. To each there own though!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Mrs E is from up there. Mexican, try Cebolla's. Find Hall's; they have a few different places aimed at different markets, but good stuff. The Rib Room. Zesto's for ice cream, though they're closed for the season. Club Soda is more upscale (& pricey). Cosmo's for breakfast & lunch. We'll see if she thinks of any more, but I doubt you'll starve in the meantime :)

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Mrs E is from up there. Mexican, try Cebolla's. Find Hall's; they have a few different places aimed at different markets, but good stuff. The Rib Room. Zesto's for ice cream, though they're closed for the season. Club Soda is more upscale (& pricey). Cosmo's for breakfast & lunch. We'll see if she thinks of any more, but I doubt you'll starve in the meantime :)

Cosmos = CLOSED

he sold the property to the culver's corp., but he still has the one his son runs over in the st. Joe shopping center. He is ill and it was to good of an off to pass on, so he took the money and is resting

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Coney Island sucks, just my opinion though. My wife is from Ft Wayne and we went there once, it was awful.

I guess the question is what are you the mood for. Here are my opinions.

Italian - Biaggis, I like it better than Casa but I think most would disagree.

Steaks - Cork n Cleaver

Seafood - Paulas on Main

Mexican - I like Agave and Cebloilas. The chains suck in comparison.

Burgers - Five guys burgers are good, but kinda boring considering its a fairly large chain.

Pizza - Pint n slice downtown is good.

Wings - Wings etc is good. I also like BWW though.

Tilted Kilt is pretty good too, like a hooters with good food. The hooters in FW is gone too btw, I saw someone mentioned that. FW also has all the chain stuff too.

If you are in the mood for something different Catablu is good too, nice place, kinda spendy.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    There are so many unique restaurants in FW, I don't like "chains"... Nick's Rib Room on E State is classic, so is the Acme Bar and Grill and The Candlelight, also on E State. Las Lomos is good Mexican, and there are a lot of authentic little places all over town where they barely speak English but the food is truly Mexican! Sorry to hear about Cosmos, that place was awesome! I think there is still one on Washington center, or check out Liberty Diner for a good variety of good food. King Gyros has good Greek. Hope this helps!!

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm a transplant too! One of the best things I like about living in Fort Wayne is all the different restaurants. With the caveat that these are all completely subjective:

Italian: Biaggi's, Zianno's, or one of the Casa's-there's like 12 of them

Mexican: Agave's is my go-to. Some people love Bandidos but I'm not a fan

Burgers: I used to love the burgers are at Hooters-may they RIP. Red Robin is my burger stop now

Pizza: my wife loves B. Antonio's but the sauce is just a bit chunky for me. still looking for the "perfect" place

BBQ: We like Smokey Bones

Top Bottom