• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are Sig 1911s even really a 1911?

In my warped and addled mind no. They are unique as most of what Sig makes. They are fine guns. Just 1911-ish in my oh so humble and somewhat useless opinion.

Folks make the same argument referring to the new and improved offerings as compared to what JMB developed.

Egldriver

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I would look at the stainless 9mm RO if minor caliber is ok. Comes with FO sights. Mine runs great. I added an egw bushing and a magwell. I run McCormick 10 round mags with no problems. I think the stainless will fare better than parkerized with multiple holsterings. It is very tolerating to shooting reloads with various OALs.

Dave

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    both my USPSA pistols are 1911 45's, i shoot a single stack springfield in open, my limited gun is a norinco with very little work done to it. i share mccormick 10 rd mags with both guns. i started shooting the norinco before single stack was a division, never got around to buying enough 8 rd mags LOL. i switched to a custom built para 38 super for a short time, but really hated the gun, the springfield "worked" every time i pulled the trigger, even after 1000's of rounds, and no cleaning. never shot a 9mm or .40 in a 1911, so i'm not much help in that respect.

:cheers:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    both my USPSA pistols are 1911 45's, i shoot a single stack springfield in open, my limited gun is a norinco with very little work done to it. i share mccormick 10 rd mags with both guns. i started shooting the norinco before single stack was a division, never got around to buying enough 8 rd mags LOL. i switched to a custom built para 38 super for a short time, but really hated the gun, the springfield "worked" every time i pulled the trigger, even after 1000's of rounds, and no cleaning. never shot a 9mm or .40 in a 1911, so i'm not much help in that respect.

Very cool! I just picked up one of those Norincos yesterday as a base for a custom build as I start down the path of learning the ins and outs of building and customizing a 1911.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    Very cool! I just picked up one of those Norincos yesterday as a base for a custom build as I start down the path of learning the ins and outs of building and customizing a 1911.

i picked mine up in almost new condition from a gun shop for $200, guy bought it, and it refused to feed 230gr hardball, so he traded it in. the feed ramp felt like it was cut with a dull wood chisel.
    mine has had very little work done to it, drop in trigger, beavertail, mag well, a little throating of the barrel, (i shoot lead 200grSWC), polished the very rough feed ramp, grips, barrel bushing, lowered the ejection port a little bit, lighter mainspring, and played with the extractor a little so it would stop throwing brass back at me.

it sounds like a thrashing machine when you shoot it, but ive never had a problem with it after the tune up

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    i picked mine up in almost new condition from a gun shop for $200, guy bought it, and it refused to feed 230gr hardball, so he traded it in. the feed ramp felt like it was cut with a dull wood chisel.
    mine has had very little work done to it, drop in trigger, beavertail, mag well, a little throating of the barrel, (i shoot lead 200grSWC), polished the very rough feed ramp, grips, barrel bushing, lowered the ejection port a little bit, lighter mainspring, and played with the extractor a little so it would stop throwing brass back at me.

it sounds like a thrashing machine when you shoot it, but ive never had a problem with it after the tune up

He said very little work...........:)

Those are as close to original MilSpec as you can get. They will sound that way.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    He said very little work...........:)

Those are as close to original MilSpec as you can get. They will sound that way.

yea it is pretty rough as far as fit and finish. after i got it to feed my 200grSWC i could have left it alone, but i was hoping for a more "common" feel between the 2 guns. i could have gotten by with just the trigger, beavertail and grips.

but....:):

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Ended up ordering a Range Officer in 9mm w/o the light rail just to be safe on the weight. Its on the way. Looking forward to having it to have fun with.

Top Bottom