• ...and so much more!
  • solarpimp

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.7%
    42   1   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Irvington
    I've owned the older M9 and S9 versions of this. I liked the sights but the placement of the safety was such that it ruins you if you choose to carry anything else. Both shot great. Very pleasant. Very accurate. But really it's own beast. You either love them and carry only them our you hate them.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    In the past, I have owned two different M9-A1 pistols...from the "first" importation.

They are fantastically made and quite robust. I'm sure you know that the same guy who designed the Glock also designed the Steyr pistols...but he left Glock when they wouldn't/didn't want to "upgrade" or improve upon the Glock. so...off to Steyr he went where he designed and produced these guns. Grown up Glocks, if you will.

Mine were quite accurate, even though the sights took a bit to get used to. Just a different take on the standard "three dot" system.

I sold mine in a bout of consolidation, not because I didn't like them.

Whether for range use or carry, be confident in the Steyr.

JT1968

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Aurora
    I've owned the standard and compact models. They both shot very well. It took me a box of ammo to get accustomed to the sights, but i liked them. Holster selection was limited at the time, that might be better now. Overall, IMHO they are very nice guns.

Bigbuck5

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Arcadia, IN
    I just purchased a C9 A1. I haven't shot it yet but I'm impressed with the quality of this pistol. CDNN has standard capacity magazines for $25 if your interested. I would also like to mention Hoosier Armory. They had this $30 cheaper than anywhere else I looked. Great expirence. I think you will like the Steyr.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Steyr pistols are great and way under rated IMHO.
    Well made and accurate.
    If it's the newest generation (has a roll pin in the slide back under the rear sight)... the trigger is pretty nice right out of the box.

madeuce50

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Lafayette,In.
    Had both m9a1 & m40a1 never shot either one donated to friends of NRA western Indiana for their support for Attica High trap team. The winners both love them but holsters were issue. Bought from CDNN for 327.00 ea about 3yrs. ago. Talked to one guy who said it was the best shooting pistol he owns. Tight groups and points perfectly. Some of the first ones imported had fail to feed issues but gen 2 mags fixed that. A WORD OF CAUTION ONLY BUY THE GEN2 MAGS CDNN SELLS GEN1 MAGS BUT WON'T TELL YOU UNLESS YOU SPECIFICALLY ASK.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I've owned a standard M&P9 and I currently own a L9-A1 and I like it a lot. The low bore axis of the Steyr really reduces the muzzle flip. Sold the M&P, just didn't work for me...I still have the Steyr if that tells you anything.

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I picked up a used M9 years ago and it is one of my favorite 9mm pistols. I like the sights - to me it naturally draws your attention to the front sight. It is a smooth shooting and accurate pistol.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have two. An M40 1st gen & an M9-A1 (ver 1 before the roll pin). I have the Big Taco striker bushing mod in both and really, really like these pistols. Both of these required the revised Steyr extractor and spring. I haven't shot the M40 much since installing those parts but the M9-A1 now eats everything no problem. The M9-A1 is my primary carry gun. Holsters are easy if you get custom Kydex.

Steyr Accessories - BT Guide Rods

Top Bottom