• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • workinman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    NWI
    looking at another 1911 style and the sti edge looks promising. anyone have experience with one and would you recommend it. these are definitely high end guns and looking for a great shooting 1911. would also like to know how big is the double stack grip? i already have a para-ordnance and seems a little big. how does the 2011 sti compare?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    STI's are great guns. I have one tuned up and customized by Brazos. I have a para and they should not even be mentioned in the same post as STI there is no comparasion at all. Things can be done to the grip to make it more slender if that is desired and if spending the money on an Edge no big deal to get it tweaked to fit your hand.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    With thin grip panels I tthink the STI (SV) is closer to a single stack feel than the Para by a good bit. These are fantastic guns...both very reliable and accurate. My Strayer Voight, same frame as STI...just different assembler...is in 38 Super and with the long mags I can have 28 total rounds in the gun. Enough for most any steel match.

briley.jpg

Top Bottom