• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    West Lafayette/South Bend
    I've been looking at getting an STI Trojan 1911 in .45 acp as my next handgun. I found one at Titus Firearms in Elkhart and I liked it. The only problem was that I was not very happy with the price. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other places that get STI guns in. I haven't had much luck finding any other shops that sell STIs.

10mm Snack Pack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    New Castle
    I have several sti pistols. The Trojan being one. There are several dealers online. I bought my Spartan in northern ind. hillside shooting sports. Most gun shops will order you one.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Sti seems to be cracking down on retail discounts in favor of an Apple model. You sell for full retail, or you get dealer status yanked.

Up until about a month ago, Dawson, brazos and shootersconnection had them for 10% off list. Then, within a few days of one another, they all raised prices to full pop.

I got my Sentry just before the hike, but even at full price, the feature set and fitting makes it a bargain. You'd have to spend 2k+ to get what the Sentry has and equivalent fitting from Baer, Wilson, brown, et al.

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to save up and most likely buy online. You'd be amazed at how many behind the counter employees have said to me "What's STI?" when I asked them if they ever get any in :n00b:

10mm Snack Pack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    New Castle
    Not sure where your from(area wise). But the gun shop out by me, (rusty duck) has sti often. He has a sti edge now. May give him a call. He may be able to pick you up one. Reasonable prices too. Good luck!:yesway:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Elmore's in Greenwood has STI but I would also consider Gunbroker.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

kup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    NW IN
    Cabelas in Hammond

I've been looking at getting an STI Trojan 1911 in .45 acp as my next handgun. I found one at Titus Firearms in Elkhart and I liked it. The only problem was that I was not very happy with the price. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other places that get STI guns in. I haven't had much luck finding any other shops that sell STIs.

Cabelas has started to carry STI, I have seen them in stock in Hammond and in Phoenix.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Sti seems to be cracking down on retail discounts in favor of an Apple model. You sell for full retail, or you get dealer status yanked.

Up until about a month ago, Dawson, brazos and shootersconnection had them for 10% off list. Then, within a few days of one another, they all raised prices to full pop.

I was keeping track of them at Dawson's and Brazos' for the past couple of months. They seemed to be getting low on stock at both places, then the discount disappeared.

I assume the discount is gone because of natural supply and demand, but your guess is as good as mine.

I know that Apple/Sony/others set guidelines, but don't understand how that is not price fixing...

wrzr21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Yep BUY American. The Spartan is actually made by Armscor in the Phillipines with some STI parts. Not sure how much of the rest are made there.

I plan on buying American of course :patriot: and as 10mm pointed out I said that I plan on purchasing a Trojan not a Spartan. I'm aware that the Spartan is made in the Philippines, but all other STI guns are produced and assembled in Georgetown, Texas.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I plan on buying American of course :patriot: and as 10mm pointed out I said that I plan on purchasing a Trojan not a Spartan. I'm aware that the Spartan is made in the Philippines, but all other STI guns are produced and assembled in Georgetown, Texas.

Don't tell a Texan they belong to the USA. :D:D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Trojan.....Spartan......meh, what's the difference? They both lived in some place that wasnt 'merica a few thousand years ago. Close enough.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    Elmore's in Greenwood is where I bought my STI Perfect 10. They have some high $$$ 1911's. I wanted a extra mag and one of the guys said to sell me one of his. You can't get better service than that. Have not been in the shop for about 3 weeks so can't say he has the one you want in stock. Give them a call and see if they have the one you want.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom