Sticky? Places & Events that are CCW friendly?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Jontheturboguy, I'm just curious. How are you defining "CCW Friendly" specifically? You already have pat down and metal detector.

Thanks.

PS
    great idea and post :yesway:

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Conseco, Verizon, Indy Zoo, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, all have rules prohibiting guns. Indianapolis Museum of Art is the same (I used to work there in security), they won't even allow off duty LEO's carry (unless they are federal).

Don't take that statement to mean I support or encourage a double standard (LEO/LTC holder). Badge or LTC should be a 'all access pass', in my opinion!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Jontheturboguy, I'm just curious. How are you defining "CCW Friendly" specifically? You already have pat down and metal detector.

Thanks.

PS
    great idea and post :yesway:

Thanks for the kind words. I defined "friendly" VS "unfriendly" if they have "rules" that prohibit weapons/firearms on their property.

Case in point.

Indiana Pepsi Colosseum during a hockey game does not care if you CCW if you have your LTCH.

Therefore they are CCW friendly.

Now, the Zoo for instance prohibits weapons/handguns on their property, although its NOT ILLEGAL to have them there.

I then posted for the Zoo unknown.

If you look at Verizion, they not only prohibit firearms/weapons on their property but also metal detect and pat down to search you for said weapons.

I then posted for Verizon NOT ccw friendly.

Does I makes senses?

:):

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Now, the Zoo for instance prohibits weapons/handguns on their property, although its NOT ILLEGAL to have them there.

I then posted for the Zoo unknown.

:):

I dunno- I'd say that makes the zoo unfriendly... If they'd kick you off for having a gun, then you'd have an unfriendly entity. I realize that would only leave the places with no firearm policies to be "friendly".

I like this thread. :yesway:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Same code where it prohibits carry of a firearm. I've seen you post it half a dozen times... at least.

Indiana Code 35-47-2

Is this the section of code you were referring to? If so I can't find anything in it about carrying weapons other than firearms. And nothing about concealed at all. If that's the code you were talking about could you please post the pertinent part? Or if not that section could you post the one you are referring to?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    ORP (Formerly IRP - Raceway Park) does not have any visible signage or rules posted regarding personal defense. I have had coolers searched for glass bottles, and the wife's purse searched (that ticked her off), but no search of my person. They have security at the gate, and I have seen metal detector wands (never one in use, just sitting on a table).

BTW: CCW seems to work fine.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Has anyone been to the coliseum lately for fuel hockey game? I found on their website they don’t allow CCW but on this thread you guys say it’s good to go. Do they have mental detectors or wands to check or if concealed well good to go? Thanks

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Has anyone been to the coliseum lately for fuel hockey game? I found on their website they don’t allow CCW but on this thread you guys say it’s good to go. Do they have mental detectors or wands to check or if concealed well good to go? Thanks

From what I have heard, they now use metal detectors.

Top Bottom