• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoosierHunter07

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 22, 2020
    Borden
    Or you may get more folks bringing their hunting guns and having a go. I know more than a few that don't go at all since they see the heavily modded guns giving a too much of an advantage.

Maybe having a stock class and a unlimited class would bring in more shooters. Another thing too might be having the muzzles being parallel.

I think these are good ideas. When I started this thread my intention was to find the smaller stock class shoots. There's gotta be some around. I understand some people like their modded guns, but I'm more traditional in most of my ways. I still dont even own a long gun with a plastic stock lol.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I honestly don't think its worth the long barrel, stock guns win just as much at our club. The worst part is the grouchy old men that insist on leaving their guns in their holders pointed down range. "But the action is open" I've almost kicked a few people out the last few years because of this. I personally wish we would get rid of our spring shoot and replace it with something more skill based.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I always enjoyed them because of their simplicity, and you have a better chance of walking away with a lil something.

I would rather see a Optic/no optics class, especially for the money shoots.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I honestly don't think its worth the long barrel, stock guns win just as much at our club. The worst part is the grouchy old men that insist on leaving their guns in their holders pointed down range. "But the action is open" I've almost kicked a few people out the last few years because of this. I personally wish we would get rid of our spring shoot and replace it with something more skill based.

Both of these sound like reasons to prohibit the use of rests... but you would probably never hear the end of if from the grouchy old men. waaa:D

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I think I remember participating in a turkey shoot back in the 1990's. Weren't these things all the rage back in the 90's but interest has fallen off here lately? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Maybe, but it would also give the appearance of being on a more equal footing. You'd still get the regular crowd show up, but might also get some new shooters.

Chevyman2424

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2022
    Sheridan
    I used to go to still board shooting matches with my grandpa years ago. I'd really like to get back into it but I have no idea how to find schedules for them. I remember going to Schnellville, Birdseye, and Celstine.

Anyone have any good ones in the southern indiana area?
    I would love to find a few myself

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I went to an awful lot of them decades ago. When I was 17 my Dad had bought me a brand new Citori 12 ga. for my birthday (what a gift) and one of the first times I had ever took it out I went to a shoot and won a turkey. Ah, memories.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    the American legion in Milltown hosts an indoor turkey shoot on saturdays during the winter, we shoot federal .22 birdshot at 16 ft, we use the same 5x5 targets used at regular turkey shots, cash payout.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom