• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Just have a cheepo uncle mikes for now, pushing the slide out of battery and the spring not having the power to push it back forward, just found some info on google about shields having this problem.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just have a cheepo uncle mikes for now, pushing the slide out of battery and the spring not having the power to push it back forward, just found some info on google about shields having this problem.

It could be an issue with the gun, but in your case it sounds like it's more of an issue with the holster. You should invest in a holster that won't have you second-guessing about your gun working if needed.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I have been carrying mine since last friday. Put 50 rounds through it and I have to say I like it. I am not of a fan of the trigger reset though, much to be desired.

What is it about the reset that you don't like? I'm on all kinds of waiting lists but have yet to fire one.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm actually thinking G27 maybe. The sw board is full of shield problems. :ingo::patriot:
    Right on IndyB

My thoughts everyday, why mess with perfection? "Glock Perfection" that is...................

P.S. Shooting my EDC G-27 today at Pops around 1:30, will let serious Smith Sheild shooters stop by and try something they can get their hands on.:draw:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I ended up trading my 9mm shield for a 40 just to keep from having to buy different caliber ammo. I have to say the 40 isn't that bad on recoil compared to the 9mm. I could hardly tell a felt difference.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I ended up trading my 9mm shield for a 40 just to keep from having to buy different caliber ammo. I have to say the 40 isn't that bad on recoil compared to the 9mm. I could hardly tell a felt difference.

Yeah, I did the same thing and I could not tell the difference either. I just need to turn it in and have sights put on. I hope I'm not saying the same thing a month from now. :rolleyes:

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    These are still hard to find? I bought mine back in May when I had no intention of buying one!

Picking up a gun for my wife, the salesmen tried selling me something else. My response was simply "only gun you can sell me right now is a Shield 40". Darn well knowing they didn't have one. I about shat myself when he told me he had three of them. So I HAD to buy one of course!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    How much over MSRP are they? Kind of like buying the latest electronic geegaw on eBay at twice the retail price

MSRP is $449. You think gunshops are going to charge that??:rolleyes: I think not.:noway: You can get a 40 on GB right now for $550. This is just another great marketing ploy by gun manufacturers and people are falling for it.:twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    MSRP is $449. You think gunshops are going to charge that??:rolleyes: I think not.:noway: You can get a 40 on GB right now for $550. This is just another great marketing ploy by gun manufacturers and people are falling for it.:twocents:

When they first came out, there was only one advertiser on INGO that went above MSRP.

Top Bottom