• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swapfoot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Greenwood
    I realize that gun sales are through the roof and comapnies are quite busy,but I wanted to share my story. I bought my 11 year old son a used Mossberg Silver Reserve there before Christmas. We went to shoot some skeet and the gun had an obvious problem and I called the Outdoorsman in Greenwood to discuss. I said "I just bought the shotgun and it doesn't function properly. Can I return it? No: all gun sales are final. I kind of figured that, and havn't been that route with anyother gun or gun store. I asked what recourse I had and they offered to send it back to Mossberg. That just after Christmas. This just frustrates me becuase he has been without his Christmas present (pretty much all he got) for over 2 months. I wonder if he will ever get that thing back at all.

I realize that you get what you pay for, but doggone it, if those guns don't work well, then don't sell them. From a customer service perspective, this also seems lacking. Maybe my frustration is misplaced, but my experience with the gun and dealer is not good. I actually have recently purchased two other guns, a new shotgun for him and one other, but didn't go back there. There.... I feel better. :rolleyes:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I understand how you're feeling, but that's not good customer service..

2nd to last time I bought a new (from a shop) firearm, it didn't work right (9mm Revolver). I liked the idea and really wanted to keep it, so I had them send it back. It came back from the mfg, I took it right to the range and the same dang thing!! This time, I went back and they swapped it for a G26, and they ate the difference!!

THAT's service!! I wish there was a store like that around here, but the two closest stores to me are really small (Diamond V) and horrid on prices and stock (Sportsman's Warehouse)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    if those guns don't work well, then don't sell them.

Well, evidently your gun didn't work well. Maybe it was a fluke? Every manufacturer puts out a lemon once in awhile.

From a customer service perspective, this also seems lacking. Maybe my frustration is misplaced,

Far be it from me to stick up for the Outdoorsman (I work for the competition, fer Pete's sake!), but it sounds like they did right by you, sending the gun back to Mossberg for repair. It was clearly a warranty issue, so the mfr. should be the party responsible for addressing it. I'd have done the exact same thing had you bought the gun at "my" shop. IMO, your frustration is misplaced, and should be directed at Mossberg for taking their sweet-a$$ time to fix your gun. Have you tried contacting them, or having the Outdoorsman do so?

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    See if you can get some info and call mossberg yourself. A little polite complaining can go a long way towards telling them they have a dissatisfied customer.

Edit: I have a Ruger revolver that hasn't functioned right since i bought it new a year ago and this is the exact reason it hasn't gone back yet. I don't want to go months without my gun. Plus i've heard Ruger is bogged down on recalling so many of their new guns that i don't want mine in the middle of the mess.

Top Bottom