• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • croy

Master
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    My concern is that none of this is BGFs fault except possibly the magazine. My question would be why would a place take 1 of 2 mags and replace 1 with a low cap? Id be willing to bet the guy that shipped it didn't include 2 hi caps. Now if it were an expensive one off piece I could maybe see that, but they have bucket loads of hi cap mags. Why would anyone swap a mag for a gain of $5.00 and ruin future visits from a potential customer?
    Because low cap mags don't sell and may be sitting on them for years.

Amattern

Expert
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Live on the east side. Work on the north side. If I go down there and get turned away because "it isn't ready" I'm going to be a little upset.

Especially driving a truck that gets 12mpg and gas at $3.50 a gallon...

If your really that worried about the 2 gallons of gas it would take to drive there and back, I'd be asking the question to why are you buying another firearm in your current monetary situation. If every situation could be solved face to face for only around $7 I would be estatic.

I highly doubt BGF is hurting so bad to need to swap out a high cap magazine for a low cap to make another $5. That whole claim seems to be reaching just a little to far, and sending my BS meter through the roof.

Amattern

Expert
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    My concern is that none of this is BGFs fault except possibly the magazine. My question would be why would a place take 1 of 2 mags and replace 1 with a low cap? Id be willing to bet the guy that shipped it didn't include 2 hi caps. Now if it were an expensive one off piece I could maybe see that, but they have bucket loads of hi cap mags. Why would anyone swap a mag for a gain of $5.00 and ruin future visits from a potential customer?

Because low cap mags don't sell and may be sitting on them for years.

BGF if you have had any 10rd mags sitting on your shelves for years cause they just won't sell, please contact me I'll come pick them up so you no longer have to swap out mags on a gun transfer. I know times are rough, but this practice is just unacceptable. :rolleyes:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    I just can't get my head around buying guns on line. Expecially used ones from individuals. You have little or no recourse if the item is less than what you expected. You have little or no recourse to receive refunds. I need to try on a pair of shoes before purchasing and I need to fondle a gun before I purchase. The seller could have made an honest mistake or could be dishonest. Either way, the OP accused the staff of BGF of being theives. How childish. Buy from a brick-and-mortar store next time. Sounds like the OP still lives at home.

Top Bottom