• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    They said something about wanting to keep the stock and field feel alive while adding their touch so maybe guns and ammo again when it hits the shelves.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Stopped into the Wabash store on Sunday. Not much left. Was hoping RK was going to buy them out. We will see how the new company performs?

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Stopped into the Wabash store on Sunday. Not much left. Was hoping RK was going to buy them out. We will see how the new company performs?
    I just hope they don’t make the same mistake as the SF owner. According to an employee at Rochester SF the owner went bonkers and bought a whole bunch of items to fill the stores from all the venders and didn’t pay them.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    The Crawfordsville store was good when it was Big R. Stock and field was horrible. They kept moving stuff around to make it look like it had a lot. It just made it difficult to find anything. They kept spacing things out more and more to make it look like they had a full store, but in reality, their inventory to fit in half the store. I talked to several employees that said the S&F management was horrible. Hopefully after this going out of business sell and the new company moving in it will go well.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Do you reckon there are true savings on liquidation/going outa business sales? I personally don’t think so at first it just gets you in the door.
    We found some stuff that was worth the discounts, but others we suspect they raised the price to mark it back to original pricing in the beginning. Since the new owners bought the company any fixtures that were for sale are no longer for sale. We ended up buying a 44x18x44 fire cabinet for 300 before S&F got bought back in Feb and picked it up this past Sat.

The best we did was 18 40lb bags of water softner salt for 2.13 a bag.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just hope they don’t make the same mistake as the SF owner. According to an employee at Rochester SF the owner went bonkers and bought a whole bunch of items to fill the stores from all the venders and didn’t pay them.
    If I remember correctly, that was the downfall of the old K's Merchandise. I really liked that place.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Can't wait. All of my jeans came from Big R, mostly on sale for $7.99, one FULL PRICE at $12,99.

I used to shop the Michigan City Big R all the time and back in the bad old days, I lucked out and found .22 LR when it wasn't anyplace else that I could find.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I searched it out and they do but not sure they have firearms website

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Can't wait. All of my jeans came from Big R, mostly on sale for $7.99, one FULL PRICE at $12,99.

I used to shop the Michigan City Big R all the time and back in the bad old days, I lucked out and found .22 LR when it wasn't anyplace else that I could find.
    I'll let you in on a hidden wally secret... their store brand jeans are pretty good, not thick as Big R jeans but comfortable with a little stretch and only $14.96.

Top Bottom