• Status
    Not open for further replies.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I took my worse loss ever in the stock market. Completely screwed up on NRZ. I am so pissed and hurting over this, lol. I sold all my shares at $17.50+....thinking market would puke on itself. I was on cloud nine, almost all cash and up 30% for the year and waiting to put it to work. Started buying calls and then on 3-11 I started adding shares back, CEO spoke next day and sounded positive so I added a little more. It started falling and I went down $10,000+ before I could blink. Then I got crazy and bought more shares in $8's & 7's in a different account and set stop losses... when it fell to $6 all my stock sold. I ended up down over $20,000! The most disappointing part is I got scared and didnt buy back, so I missed most of the 100% gain the next days.

I did buy MFA when it dumped, and made good money on it but not nearly enough. I am looking for a revenge trade on NRZ.

I am so mad that this was no fault of the company...me or anyone else other than China. They completely screwed me. I will never eat Chinese food again! Of course.....I may be eating beans and bologna the rest of this year.

Oof! I've been watching NRZ, I think based on some of your comments earlier in this thread, and I never saw a good time to get in. Sounds like I got lucky I didn't find one!

I've ridden another one down hard though, but I haven't sold it. A 5 digit loss just isn't part of my plan. They can have it all or I can wait for years. One or the other on that one.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I expect a drop over the next few weeks so I guess I'll have to buy more during this period. Overall I am betting heavily on a decent recovery - eventually.

I think there are a lot of people in the same boat with me.

I was going to be in that camp until I learned of the 25% pay cut coming at work, so, no more powder is expected to arrive to average down. What's in my account is pretty much what's in it. If I can sew a purse from a sow's ear, cool. If not, it is what it is.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    With the market deflation thats been happening its a buyers market. Just like real estate will be soon. 0% interest. Most of my previous positions I bailed on once Dow hit 19.5. I have the feeling its going to be leveling off around 18. So wait another week and and start grabbing chunks. Airlines, Cruiselines, Gold ETFs, and Restaurants. Seems like they will benefit the most from the stimulus package.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Another day of gentle weeping over here, but not as bad as it could be. My mix of insanely high risk and moderate risk stuff has me sitting at -0.80% on a 2% green day, ATM.

So... BA and CCL and weighing me down, but some others are looking decent. Pretty standard day overall, I guess. My 401K is doing even worse and I don't actively manage it at all, so... I'm beating the money managers!

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    Oild and oilu are now delisted. One more day of oild would have been nice. I saw some good gains from it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/coron...ow-economy-will-fare-60-minutes-2020-03-22/#x

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...ex-lectures-not-time-worry-about-moral-hazard

"That's literally what congress has told us to do. That's the authority they have given us, to print money and provide liquidity into the financial system. We create it electronically and we can also print it, with the Treasury Department, so you can get money out of your ATMs."
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Kashkari's God complex continued when he was asked: "Can you characterize everything the Fed has done this past week as essentially flooding the system with money?" [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]To which Kashkari responded simply: "Yes. There's no end to our ability to do that."[/FONT]

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/coron...ow-economy-will-fare-60-minutes-2020-03-22/#x

https://www.zerohedge.com/political...ex-lectures-not-time-worry-about-moral-hazard
    "That's literally what congress has told us to do. That's the authority they have given us, to print money and provide liquidity into the financial system. We create it electronically and we can also print it, with the Treasury Department, so you can get money out of your ATMs."
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]Kashkari's God complex continued when he was asked: "Can you characterize everything the Fed has done this past week as essentially flooding the system with money?" [/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]To which Kashkari responded simply: "Yes. There's no end to our ability to do that."[/FONT]

Oh, there's an end to it

View attachment 85644

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    With the market deflation thats been happening its a buyers market. Just like real estate will be soon. 0% interest. Most of my previous positions I bailed on once Dow hit 19.5. I have the feeling its going to be leveling off around 18. So wait another week and and start grabbing chunks. Airlines, Cruiselines, Gold ETFs, and Restaurants. Seems like they will benefit the most from the stimulus package.

The most expensive sport in the world is bottom fishing.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I was going to be in that camp until I learned of the 25% pay cut coming at work, so, no more powder is expected to arrive to average down. What's in my account is pretty much what's in it. If I can sew a purse from a sow's ear, cool. If not, it is what it is.

Your story is happening all across the country. I don't care how much the government hands out, in the end we still have to have jobs but more importantly the debt has to be serviced. And there is debt absolutely everywhere.

25% pay decrease probably means no uptick in your spending. That means that the companies that had been expecting you and millions of others to spend a little more each quarter so that they can pay for their heavy debt load and see a stock price increase aren't.

When they cannot pay their debt and cannot borrow more to pay it off, what happens?

And what happens to the workers?

And what happens to the pensions, insurance companies and investment banks that own that debt?

And what happens to the suppliers?

I think when you start to break down where our current financial system sits, it is in a very, very bad place. The amount of debt is simply un-payable. The crazy acts of the Federal Reserve and now Congress to hand out trillions of $ in a bid to keep spending up should show the desperation of the system. It would collapse without giving away trillions! I am not sure how anyone can argue that this system is sustainable. We had to bail everything out 11 years ago. Now we are going to bailout with trillions more than that time. What will be next, a $25T bailout in 4 or 5 more years?

FIAT debt "money", excessive debts across government and private balance sheets, an economy built on spending and consumerism rather than investment and savings. It cannot work long term because the returns on debt has diminishing returns. The more debt you have the less an added dollar of debt juices the economy. So debt has to grow exponentially, and systems that grow exponentially are inherently unsustainable.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It's not sustainable. but at this point I'm in Dennis Miller's boat on this...

Paraphrasing... Want your money back from the US? Try to come take it... We've got a big military sitting there just waiting to accept your call.

Honestly, there's not much else to be done. A 50% cut across the board to national spending and it would still take us decades to dig out of this mess. The inflation that is no doubt on the way is half of the reason I'm in the market to begin with. I need to do what I can to hedge against it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Your story is happening all across the country. I don't care how much the government hands out, in the end we still have to have jobs but more importantly the debt has to be serviced. And there is debt absolutely everywhere.

25% pay decrease probably means no uptick in your spending. That means that the companies that had been expecting you and millions of others to spend a little more each quarter so that they can pay for their heavy debt load and see a stock price increase aren't.

When they cannot pay their debt and cannot borrow more to pay it off, what happens?

And what happens to the workers?

And what happens to the pensions, insurance companies and investment banks that own that debt?

And what happens to the suppliers?

I think when you start to break down where our current financial system sits, it is in a very, very bad place. The amount of debt is simply un-payable. The crazy acts of the Federal Reserve and now Congress to hand out trillions of $ in a bid to keep spending up should show the desperation of the system. It would collapse without giving away trillions! I am not sure how anyone can argue that this system is sustainable. We had to bail everything out 11 years ago. Now we are going to bailout with trillions more than that time. What will be next, a $25T bailout in 4 or 5 more years?

FIAT debt "money", excessive debts across government and private balance sheets, an economy built on spending and consumerism rather than investment and savings. It cannot work long term because the returns on debt has diminishing returns. The more debt you have the less an added dollar of debt juices the economy. So debt has to grow exponentially, and systems that grow exponentially are inherently unsustainable.

One of the best posts I have seen in awhile.
    Rep given.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Paraphrasing... Want your money back from the US? Try to come take it... We've got a big military sitting there just waiting to accept your call.

Honestly, there's not much else to be done. A 50% cut across the board to national spending and it would still take us decades to dig out of this mess. The inflation that is no doubt on the way is half of the reason I'm in the market to begin with. I need to do what I can to hedge against it.

The top performing stock market of the 1990s was Zimbabwe's.

You could have invested all your money and made hundreds of thousands of percent returns. And at the end of the decade all your gains could have bought one egg.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The top performing stock market of the 1990s was Zimbabwe's.

You could have invested all your money and made hundreds of thousands of percent returns. And at the end of the decade all your gains could have bought one egg.

Well? What's the alternative? I'm already debt free, I have a reasonable hoard of guns and ammo that are not for sale (and hope never to be), I've got a small dabbling in physical precious metals but not enough to be a real life long plan... So?

The goal with my investments are 3 fold.

-Amass a large down payment for a house (I sold mine and became a renter, and that's not a valid life-long solution, IMO)
    -Secure my retirement
    -Flip a little extra cash for beer money

As soon as I once again have a mortgage, 1 and probably 3 will be out of the market with getting a house paid off ASAP becoming the largest priority.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Inflation kills savers but helps debtors. So, yeah, I believe you that inflation is on the way.
    Unfortunately I am a saver and have no debt so it will hurt me.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Inflation kills savers but helps debtors. So, yeah, I believe you that inflation is on the way.
    Unfortunately I am a saver and have no debt so it will hurt me.
    TIPS Treasuries.

I have mentioned them for over a month. No worry about your bank,markets....and unless the US government fails you will earn a % and the inflation rate.
    No broker needed you can buy them directly from the treasury.
    Information on them.
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/products/prod_tips_glance.htm

Direct purchase for yourself.
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/myaccount/myaccount_treasurydirect.htm

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    TIPS Treasuries.

I have mentioned them for over a month. No worry about your bank,markets....and unless the US government fails you will earn a % and the inflation rate.
    No broker needed you can buy them directly from the treasury.
    Information on them.
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/products/prod_tips_glance.htm

Direct purchase for yourself.
    https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/myaccount/myaccount_treasurydirect.htm

Thank you! I am going to learn about them.
    Right now I am thinking the market will drop - then buy stocks - then market recovers - then sell stocks - watch for signs of inflation - buy TIPS
    In the meantime convert CDs to TIPS

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere

I've long thought that the whole plan with our debt was basically to rack it up insanely then call the world's bluff, pull a "too big to fail" on the world economy at a particularly weak point when everyone else is just as screwed as we are.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've long thought that the whole plan with our debt was basically to rack it up insanely then call the world's bluff, pull a "too big to fail" on the world economy at a particularly weak point when everyone else is just as screwed as we are.

That's actually the only actionable plan. Put the entire world into default and wipe the slate clean. What that will mean for you and I, who knows? That's why it's probably a good idea to buy anything you actually need for the long haul (like a house, guns, etc) while the sun is still shining.

Nevermore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2018
    Somewhere
    That's actually the only actionable plan. Put the entire world into default and wipe the slate clean. What that will mean for you and I, who knows? That's why it's probably a good idea to buy anything you actually need for the long haul (like a house, guns, etc) while the sun is still shining.

Our country is actually in a good spot in that situation, all other things being equal. Our nearest neighbors are much smaller (canada has only 37.59 million people to our 327 million) and we have a rather large abundance of natural resources. The immediate fallout would be extreme compared to our current cushy standard of living, of course, but the long run would hopefully be to our benefit.

I'm thinking a few European countries would be needing to learn how to read Cyrillic, though...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom