• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I just read the 30 page judge's decision. Seemed fair. I don't know much about the story, though followed it very loosely because the large majority of my extended family lives within 10 minutes of downtown St. Louis...

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I just read the 30 page judge's decision. Seemed fair. I don't know much about the story, though followed it very loosely because the large majority of my extended family lives within 10 minutes of downtown St. Louis...

Same here; read the complete document and the judge's reasoning seems pretty reasonable. I had never heard of the case until now.

Here is a link for anyone that wants to read it. https://www.scribd.com/document/358...tockley-found-not-guilty-of-murder#from_embed

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Same here; read the complete document and the judge's reasoning seems pretty reasonable. I had never heard of the case until now.

Here is a link for anyone that wants to read it. https://www.scribd.com/document/358...tockley-found-not-guilty-of-murder#from_embed

Thanks for the link.

And I hate to nitpick a judge that I don't know, but this is a gun forum, apparently St. Louis police are issued Barettas.

ETA:
    And, on page 15, referred to the "Baretta" as the officer's "service revolver."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Thanks for the link.

And I hate to nitpick a judge that I don't know, but this is a gun forum, apparently St. Louis police are issued Barettas.

ETA:
    And, on page 15, referred to the "Baretta" as the officer's "service revolver."

[video=youtube;g1vWve339vs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1vWve339vs[/video]

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Just a few blocks from the courthouse is the convention center, where the national Emergency Nurses Association is holding its convention, through tomorrow.

Several nurses with whom I work hightailed it east as soon as people started taking to the streets--though the marches are peaceful, ain't no one got time to be mixing and mingling in those groups.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Funny reading from the various news website this morning. The ones you would expect called last night's activities, "protest that turned violent". Described public and private property damage. Number of arrests made. Number of police injured. But managed to never use the word "riot", unless referring to the cops' gear.:rolleyes:

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Funny reading from the various news website this morning. The ones you would expect called last night's activities, "protest that turned violent". Described public and private property damage. Number of arrests made. Number of police injured. But managed to never use the word "riot", unless referring to the cops' gear.:rolleyes:

Exactly! And pretty soon some of these "protesters" will be start "liberating" shoes, electronics, and other goods, and the media will hesitate to use the term "looter."

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    I have an acquaintance that went to where they were protesting, not necessarily to protest, but to see what was going on. He had videos that he took on his facebook this morning of tear gas being deployed. Also numerous pictures of damage to building windows and LEO vehicle windows. I read that the Governor said he was happy that the protests stayed peaceful. I guess if you don't burn down buildings, it's good enough now?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Exactly! And pretty soon some of these "protesters" will be start "liberating" shoes, electronics, and other goods, and the media will hesitate to use the term "looter."
    Not guilty=FREE **** FOR EVERYONE! But it's ok as long as they have a legitimate beef!

Top Bottom