• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    What do you consider to be the most easily sold ammo? I have been buying M193 in 5.56x45. It is Prvi Pritzan. I have never had any issue with this ammo, but I don't know how others perceive it. I can't find much of any other ammo at reasonable prices right now except steel cased and I am not a fan.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    This needs to go into ammo and reloading, not general.

9mm is the easiest to stock, its a NATO round, cheap, readily available. I consider a stockpile to be no less than 10k rounds. Going to be much easier now that I reload

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have a few guns that I call stockpiled at 200-500 rounds. These are more like my varmint rifles and deer guns. I have found loads for them and they don't get shot a whole lot other than hunting checking zero ect/ Some of these are barrel burners calibers also. Most likely stocked on these for the rest of my lifetime.

44 mag i went wild and now have around 1k. Yes reloads and factory. Indiana deer are going to be mad at me. Both handgun and rifle like the cowboys.

I think 10K I might have in 22 rounds. I seem to bring home a 550 pack everytime i get near a big box store,

Other than that I seem to buy and shoot up and replace. Not the best prep's i guess.

I would like a spam can of 7.62 x 39 just to place under my underfolder in the safe as it seems to be to short without something under it. Just like a break open in case of zombies. Seems i can not find the old spam cans unless i get the mosin ammo.

I would call 500 rounds per caliber well stocked myself. and 22 's at 10k. No use to ammo I have no guns for. Other than some of that mosin ammo to lift the ak in the safe.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    This needs to go into ammo and reloading, not general.

9mm is the easiest to stock, its a NATO round, cheap, readily available. I consider a stockpile to be no less than 10k rounds. Going to be much easier now that I reload

Thank you for your opinion. I guess you can put your posts where you want. I may have a suggestion. :D

Yes, I am talking about more than 10k rounds.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    What do you consider to be the most easily sold ammo? I have been buying M193 in 5.56x45. It is Prvi Pritzan. I have never had any issue with this ammo, but I don't know how others perceive it. I can't find much of any other ammo at reasonable prices right now except steel cased and I am not a fan.

What do you mean by most easily sold? Are you looking to buy now and sell later for a profit? If so I kind of hate you. (ok not really, that is too harsh, but close...)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Most easily sold??? As in to re-sell later on?
    If it gets to that point I doubt many people will be too picky and will gladly take whatever you have to offer.

With 5.56/.223 ammo I just buy whatever I can find for the best price and try to buy in bulk.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm getting the impression like you want to buy now and sell later, like in 6 - 8 months around election time. If that's the case then I'd say all the 9mm brass cased ammo you can find, all the federal ammo cans of 440 rds of 62gr surplus ammo that you can find, and all the 7.62x39mm that you cans find.

I would echo the sentiment shown earlier that while I have nothing against speculators and people taking a risk in order to make a profit I really wish people wouldn't play those games with my ammo supply. I don't like it, but when bank accounts don't even give a full percent for interest its hard to fault a guy who wants to see his investments grow.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    I currently invest in.5.56 NATO, 9mm, 12 GA, .380 and .22lr as that feeds all the machines I have. Hopefully I never have to put these investments to the test but of/when, I expect my full roi to be a dead bg or few.

Llamaguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkadelphia, AR
    Most easily sold??? As in to re-sell later on?
    If it gets to that point I doubt many people will be too picky and will gladly take whatever you have to offer.

With 5.56/.223 ammo I just buy whatever I can find for the best price and try to buy in bulk.

I wouldn't imagine any of the standard calibers to go out of use anytime soon. .22/.380/9mm/.40/.45 and .223, the 7.62s, would all be might useful to someone. I could see 5.45 being slightly less valuable.

Don't underestimate a .22, it will always win a knife fight.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If you are talking about re-selling...

Then go for brass cased 5.56.... I've heard that Israel just put in a HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEE order for it so in 3-4 months finding any will be difficult for awhile. Couple that with the elections and the massive amount of AR's that will be flying off the shelf and I think it could turn out to be a good investment

Last edited:
    Top Bottom