• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hiram762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    New Castle
    Polymer or wood? I like the grain of the wood & you can refinish wood. But, polymer cant be beat. It will take a good amount of abuse too. (not that that is a good idea)

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    Maybe I am just old fashioned but to me theres nothing better looking than a nice wood grained walnut stock I know the polymer are more durable and easier to care for but blued steel and wood just look right together :)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I think it depends on the rifle. Take the Mosin I just picked up. It's meant to have a wood stock in my opinion. Same goes for an M1 Garand, M1A, M14, etc. As for AK's, modern bolt action rifles, etc. I prefer synthetic over wood.

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    I think it depends on the rifle. Take the Mosin I just picked up. It's meant to have a wood stock in my opinion. Same goes for an M1 Garand, M1A, M14, etc. As for AK's, modern bolt action rifles, etc. I prefer synthetic over wood.

x2
    Anything early Vietnam War era and older, sure, wood stock. For hunting rifles, and everything else, I like synthetics. 1) because they don't warp/crack/break/splinter/dent/chip/etc as easy, and 2) I don't feel horrible about painting them.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I guess I'm just one of the few people that prefer metal stocks. ;)

Metal doesn't split, crack, chip, or break (rarely anyways). Plus, it can throw a nice beat down if the situation calls for it.

Cheek welds be dammed! :laugh:

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    I like the look of a well done wood finish on just about anything. I have restored some older stocks just for that fact rather than going with the polymer/composite stock. With that being said, I am currently working on a rifle build and I have chosen a laminate wood for it. Primarily because it will be mostly a bench rifle and the 2-tone laminate is a nice finish. As stated before by someone else, it depends on the rifle and what you plan to do with it.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Wood looks ok I guess....

chee3.jpg

Top Bottom