• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    People that fight dogs often steal dogs for training purposes. I would hope that isn't the case here. I have dealt with a few people that took other's dogs just to be a$$jacks.

If, and this is a big if, they stole them to use as trainers they picked the wrong dogs. I honestly believe that these dogs would take out some useless trashes prize fighting dog. The female broke a hickory axe handle in two just playing with it in one chomp.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    this will sum it up

snowman46919; said:
    nope, lawyers, sheriff, town marshall, no proof of ownership no proof of a crime nothing to be done.

snowman46919; said:
    the guy that came out to do the report said since I don't have papers on them I don't have proof they are my dogs.

Benny; said:
    What do you mean by, "no proof of ownership?"

Benny; said:
    Well, that's ****ing gayer than AIDS. Where did you get the dogs? Can't the person you got them from provide some sort of proof? I know virtually nothing about Pits, but when you've talked about them in the past you named all sorts of **** about their quality of blood lines; shouldn't someone have some sort of documentation on them?

snowman46919; said:
    The papers from the female are good to go but without finding her to do a blood draw the paper isn't worth the ink printed on it. I never papered my male because well he was part of the family not a possession.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yikes Snowman! I am very sorry to hear about your dogs being dog-napped, have you tried tracking down the location of your animals with a scent hound? a basset or really just about any hound dog would be able to find them fairly quickly if they are anywhere in your general area.

Unfortunately I don't own any scent hounds anymore but I'm sure there are a few INGOers on here that might have some.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sorry that you never found them. Very sad.

I am a little confused on proof of ownership. I owned dogs most of my life and have never had a title to one...

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Sorry that you never found them. Very sad.

I am a little confused on proof of ownership. I owned dogs most of my life and have never had a title to one...

They were pedigreed and since they were pedigreed dogs everybody keeps asking me where my papers are to prove the dogs are what I say they are and to prove I had rightful ownership in the first place.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    People suck! I'm so sorry about your dogs.

Crap like this is why my dogs are micro-chipped. $10 - $20 at the local human society. You keep the records.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They were pedigreed and since they were pedigreed dogs everybody keeps asking me where my papers are to prove the dogs are what I say they are and to prove I had rightful ownership in the first place.

So no one owns an unregistered dog in this country. That's just stupid.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I lost my male to theft 13 years ago. He was gone 6 months before they busted a dog fighting ring. He was chipped and the Humane Society never scanned him. The dog fighters left a note on my door saying if I wanted my dog back today is the last day at the Humane Society before he is put down. The H.S. wouldn't release him to the dog fighters. They thought they could steal him again after I got him back. In short I got him back. I sold that house a month later due to the theft and heavy crime. I just dug his grave today and expect him to pass anytime now. He is almost 16.

More than likely your dogs are on a chain somewhere near you. Expect puncture wounds. There is only one reason they were stolen. They probably weren't stolen for training purposes. But for fighting in general. I'd hang reward posters up, I'd stress no questions asked. Then I wouldn't pay anything to whoever returned them. I feel your pain bro, I still remember looking over at my wife when we found him and seeing the tears. Almost as many as I had digging that the hole today. If you find them and need help geting them back LMK, I'll run down there and we can go get them.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I lost my male to theft 13 years ago. He was gone 6 months before they busted a dog fighting ring. He was chipped and the Humane Society never scanned him. The dog fighters left a note on my door saying if I wanted my dog back today is the last day at the Humane Society before he is put down. The H.S. wouldn't release him to the dog fighters. They thought they could steal him again after I got him back. In short I got him back. I sold that house a month later due to the theft and heavy crime. I just dug his grave today and expect him to pass anytime now. He is almost 16.

More than likely your dogs are on a chain somewhere near you. Expect puncture wounds. There is only one reason they were stolen. They probably weren't stolen for training purposes. But for fighting in general. I'd hang reward posters up, I'd stress no questions asked. Then I wouldn't pay anything to whoever returned them. I feel your pain bro, I still remember looking over at my wife when we found him and seeing the tears. Almost as many as I had digging that the hole today. If you find them and need help geting them back LMK, I'll run down there and we can go get them.

Sorry to hear that you are going to lose your long time friend soon. It is always tough when it happens.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Sorry about your dogs. My pets are my children, so I know how crushing it is.

If they aren't used for fighting locally, some people make very good money selling them to labs out of state for testing. It's a little known fact, but people do roam around looking for decent specimens, load them up in animal carriers, and they are air transported to testing facilities which pay fat money and airfare for the animals. Heck, they even return ship the kennels, so they can receive more.

I haven't heard of any cases in awhile, but usually when there is an outbreak of dogs and cats coming up missing, these low lifes are suspect.

Good luck and my prayers are with you that your dogs will return.

Top Bottom