• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    My Gun was stolen out of my van today. Because the jack wagon I was working with decided to not lock his door.
    Glock 23 with night sites. extended mag and slide release. the rear cover plat on the slide that holds the springs in has tool marks from removing it. Has a lone wolf barrel on it. The last three serial numbers on the frame are 091. 13 Round mag.

A police report has been filed. It was stolen at the robin run retirement center around 62nd and Georgetown rd.
    I am sure I will never see it again. But if any Police on here that may be running that area. There was a maintenance man that said he seen a tan colored caddie rolling around the area that he had never seen before about the time it was stolen. The caddie had gold wire spoke wheels. :xmad::xmad:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    OP, I hope you get your gun back. I will say that a lot of the guns that are stolen on the West side are also recovered on the West side.....eventually.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Gold Caddie with rims..... I hope you get your heater back. And hope that no one innocent is a victim of this gold caddie with your gun crowd. I always worry about the gun in my car getting stolen, and what might be done with it. Depending on what if any damage was done, and what else they took and your deductible you might want to file a claim with your insurance company. If it was a work van and not your van, maybe you could with your company. If tis your company could you write this off??

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    OP, I hope you get your gun back. I will say that a lot of the guns that are stolen on the West side are also recovered on the West side.....eventually.
    I had a .357 stolen in merrilville out of my car back in 1983. In 2007 I get a phone call from the police asking me if I ever reported a .357 stolen. Seemed they found it on a robbery suspect. After 24 yrs. I got my gun back. So keep your fingers crossed, hopefully your gun will find its way back home! Good luck!

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The fact that your buddy left the door unlocked, and a unusual Gold Caddie was seen shortly after, sounds a little suspect. Are you sure you coworker didn't leave the door unlocked on purpose? Any other vehicles broken into in the same lot?

just seems a little too random to me, I would be all over your passenger.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ok I guess I'll say it... Way to go. Your gun, your fault and no one else's. You spent all that dough decking out your carry gun (dumb to begin with) and couldn't drop $20 for a lock box and tether. I hope your gun doesn't kill another James Vester. ****ing hell

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    The fact that your buddy left the door unlocked, and a unusual Gold Caddie was seen shortly after, sounds a little suspect. Are you sure you coworker didn't leave the door unlocked on purpose? Any other vehicles broken into in the same lot?

ohh I am on him like white on rice. but how do you prove anything like that. Trust me all thoughts have been ran threw my head.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    ohh I am on him like white on rice. but how do you prove anything like that. Trust me all thoughts have been ran threw my head.

Could be a coincidence, but I would have a hard time looking at the guy the same way again, depending. I'm presuming that nothing else was stolen from your van. Did your coworker know ahead of time that you kept or would be keeping or leaving your pistol in there? I'm speculating that maybe you weren't allowed to bring your carry gun onto customer sites due to work requirements or something?

Sorry about your gun getting stolen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd make your coworker replace it. His door, his responsibility.

Yeah, its your van, and as the driver you are ultimately responsible for it, but you shouldnt have to wipe his a@@ for him! He should at LEAST replace the gun itself.

Make him a deal that if he replaces it with a stock G23 (You can even be nice and accept used in reasonable condition) you will replace the holser, sight upgrade, etc.

But hey, if history repeats itself, you can expect to get a call from IMPD in 2037!:):

Sorry man. Hopefully the rest of the year is uneventful.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Ok I guess I'll say it... Way to go. Your gun, your fault and no one else's. You spent all that dough decking out your carry gun (dumb to begin with) and couldn't drop $20 for a lock box and tether. I hope your gun doesn't kill another James Vester. ****ing hell

Never fear, for Capt. Hindsight has arrived!!

sp_1411_clip05.jpg

Oh, and I'm sorry about your loss. We have weapons stolen in my area all the time. As some previous posters said, they can be tough to recover and can take awhile. Always feels good when you do recover one and take it back to the owner.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

I have to agree.
    I NEVER leave a firearm unlocked in any vehicle, unless the vehicle is occupied by someone I would trust with my life.
    If firearms are not allowed in ****, I just don't go there until I CAN secure my firearm.

The lockable cases with a steel cable tether are cheap and effective.
    Be a responsible firearms owner. Lock your stuff up.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi

I'm with you! This smells VERY fishy! Someone just happened to come across your van which just happened to be unlocked and it just happened to have a gun inside and you just happened to be elsewhere at the time. I'm betting that this was an "inside job", your co-worker was "doing a favor" for a friend looking for a cheap gun.

Top Bottom