• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never fear, for Capt. Hindsight has arrived!!

Normally I would agree with you, but not in this case.

What's that saying?

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Unfortunately there are exceptions to every rule, and this case is a big exception.
    A firearm in the wrong hands could, not necessarily will, but could, constitute an emergency for EVERYBODY!

Sorry. I know accidents happen, but this is just one more piece of "ammunition" the anti's LOVE.

"Unsecured firearm stolen from parked vehicle today... Senator So-N-So proposes the "Secure Firearms Act of..."

Secure your firearms. PERIOD!
    They are YOUR responsibility, and no-one elses.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Ok I guess I'll say it... Way to go. Your gun, your fault and no one else's. You spent all that dough decking out your carry gun (dumb to begin with) and couldn't drop $20 for a lock box and tether. I hope your gun doesn't kill another James Vester. ****ing hell

You do know that there have been guns stolen that were "secured" that were used in crimes, right? We can do everything in the world, prepare the best we can and sometimes the actions of others or nature can destroy these plans? Or does demeaning people on a public forum make you feel good at night? I suppose you are the paramount of firearms safety, training and skill, so teach us, oh one of great guru status, impart upon us your endless sophomoric knowledge of how we can secure a firearm that will never be stolen, yet immediately accessible to us at all times?

Blaming the victim is akin to idiots saying "well she dressed for rape, she was asking for it by how she dressed". We got a guy here that has a gun stolen, already in mental anguish over the possible issues with such and you come waltzing in with your sophomoric, high and mighty sophistry.

Welcome to my ignore list, people like you make me sick and make the world a harder place than what it has to be.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    You do know that there have been guns stolen that were "secured" that were used in crimes, right? We can do everything in the world, prepare the best we can and sometimes the actions of others or nature can destroy these plans? Or does demeaning people on a public forum make you feel good at night? I suppose you are the paramount of firearms safety, training and skill, so teach us, oh one of great guru status, impart upon us your endless sophomoric knowledge of how we can secure a firearm that will never be stolen, yet immediately accessible to us at all times?

Blaming the victim is akin to idiots saying "well she dressed for rape, she was asking for it by how she dressed". We got a guy here that has a gun stolen, already in mental anguish over the possible issues with such and you come waltzing in with your sophomoric, high and mighty sophistry.

Welcome to my ignore list, people like you make me sick and make the world a harder place than what it has to be.

Well, might as well add me to your ignore list.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Well, might as well add me to your ignore list.

Maybe not as your attitude didn't match his "holier than thou" attitude. I agree with securing your firearms. But I don't agree with piling on the guy like he was an idiot. Things happen sometimes that are beyond our control.

To sit there and say, "oh, hey, you killed a person b/c the gun they stole is going to shoot some little girl" or similar idiocy is blaming the gun owner and blaming the gun, not blaming the criminal.

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I'd make your coworker replace it. His door, his responsibility.

Yeah, its your van, and as the driver you are ultimately responsible for it, but you shouldnt have to wipe his a@@ for him! He should at LEAST replace the gun itself.

Make him a deal that if he replaces it with a stock G23 (You can even be nice and accept used in reasonable condition) you will replace the holser, sight upgrade, etc.

But hey, if history repeats itself, you can expect to get a call from IMPD in 2037!:):

Sorry man. Hopefully the rest of the year is uneventful.

Good idea, especially since it will be difficult to file an insurance claim if the vehicle had no signs of forced entry.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm presuming that nothing else was stolen from your van. Did your coworker know ahead of time that you kept or would be keeping or leaving your pistol in there?

I'm with you! This smells VERY fishy! Someone just happened to come across your van which just happened to be unlocked and it just happened to have a gun inside and you just happened to be elsewhere at the time.
    Hmmm...
    ALL that, there ^^.

EastIndyGunner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Indianapolis

Man, I make you sick? The world is a worse place with me in it? Are you serious? I'm not the one that let my gun fall into criminal hands. I don't need hindsight to know that leaving my weapon unsecured in a vehicle whether the vehicle is locked or not is a bad idea. Anywhere, but especially 62nd Georgetown.

OP is not a victim. He made a bad choice and now bad guys have the means to make other people (real) victims. "Sophomoric, high and mighty sophistry"? Wow, you're a real poet my guy. I don't need master status to know op messed up or that this likely could have been prevented by storing the weapon in a cheap lock box tethered to the car seat.

Welcome to your ignore list? That's hilarious! Is that supposed to hurt my feelings or mess up my "cred"? Are you something special that I should know about? gtfoh, and I'm the high mighty one.

Oh, and I feel pretty good most of the time not just at night. Thanks for asking;).

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'm not going to blame the OP for his action or in this case, his partner's/coworker's action. Blaming him for "leaving a firearm out" and blaming him for subsequent actions of SOMEONE else's making is idiocy and a core fundamental of the gun control argument. The same argument is used against gun companies and gun owners when a gun is used in a crime: It's the gun owner's fault, NOT the criminal's fault. It's the gun companies fault, NOT the criminal's fault.

I'm not going to disagree: He should have secured the weapon better, had it on his person, etc... But I am not going to agree with your demeanor on "Way to go" in a condescending manner. He knows he has an issue, he's living with it. It's YOUR attitude that is sickening and indicative of a bullying, condescending and arrogant mindset.

On that note, I'm done talking on this, continue on if you wish, but I have no more words for someone with an attitude such as this.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I had a .357 stolen in merrilville out of my car back in 1983. In 2007 I get a phone call from the police asking me if I ever reported a .357 stolen. Seemed they found it on a robbery suspect. After 24 yrs. I got my gun back. So keep your fingers crossed, hopefully your gun will find its way back home! Good luck!

Wow, any pics of the gun? Still have it, I presume? What kind of shape did it come back in? Was it difficult to get it back at that point?

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Not going to pass judgement here. The only thing I will add is to make sure you double check that the vehicle doors are locked. Although if they want to really get in they can bust out a window. Personally if I can't carry, the gun stays stashed/secured at home. People might think that is dumm, but that is my choice. Good luck recovering your handgun.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It was stolen..around 62nd and Georgetown rd.
    The caddie had gold wire spoke wheels. :xmad::xmad:

baby-shocked-face-03-copy.jpg

I'm sorry OP, I have been looking for somewhere to drop that.:lmfao:

As for your co-worker; go Liam Neeson on his arse. Replace the picture of the girl for one of your stolen Glock, he'll spill the beans...

taken-photo-courtesy-europa-corp.jpg

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I see now why some people just come to the site and never post. My goal in the post was to get the word out of a stolen weapon. But some on here think nothing will ever happen to them and are above ever being a victim of a crime. Trust me I understand the door should have been locked. MINE was. He was told to lock his. Has been told several times in the past to lock his and has done so.
    I had a post on here that led to an infraction. And for that I apologize to the moderators for having to deal with it. Wasn't thinking straight with the burning that was coming from the salt being pored on the wound. Some people get a joy out of trying to make themselves feel superior at the sake of others misfortunes. I will never understand these people. So I guess they get another day to feel better than everyone else in there mind. I put these people right up there with the people that stole my gun. Its also real funny how in some peoples minds I am stupid for having common up grades on my carry gun. (up grades that were on it when I bought it) If this makes me stupid? t
    Then dum de do de durrrrr.

Any way for what it is worth. Just be on the look out in the 62nd and Georgetown area. There obviously people working the area to make victims out of people.
    Have a good day.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'm not the one that let my gun fall into criminal hands.
    Who says he's a criminal? I'm sure if/when the news catches up if anything should come of it, momma will attest to the fact that he was a good boy...just trying to go to school, singing in the church choir, and trying to make ends meet for his 7 or 8 babies and all 5 or 6 of their mommas. Why you gotta be hatin'?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good idea, especially since it will be difficult to file an insurance claim if the vehicle had no signs of forced entry.

As I recall, Insurance wont pay out on loss from unlocked doors. :( I hear its also a real b*tch to get them to pay out on a stolen vehicle claim when the keys were left inside neglegently (like warming up your car unattended.)

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    Who says he's a criminal? I'm sure if/when the news catches up if anything should come of it, momma will attest to the fact that he was a good boy...just trying to go to school, singing in the church choir, and trying to make ends meet for his 7 or 8 babies and all 5 or 6 of their mommas. Why you gotta be hatin'?

^^^^^^^^^This.....^^^^^^^^^^

Very well said Mrs Jet... Momma will be all up in everyones business to be protection her baby boy, he did nothing wrong. He thames care of his kids. he was just chasin the paper, trying to get his, for his. Praise jesus...

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Trust me I understand the door should have been locked. MINE was. He was told to lock his. Has been told several times in the past to lock his

"Private Pyle, if there is one thing in this world that I hate, it is an unlocked footlocker! You know that don't you? If it wasn't for dickheads like you, there wouldn't be any thievery in this world, would there?" - FMJ Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

icisep.jpg

All kidding aside, the situation sucks, hopefully it will be returned to you.

Last edited:

iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    Sorry for your lose no matter how you look at it right or wrong it just sucks. Any updates? maybe and hopefully they will get popped with it in their possession.Good luck hope for a safe return

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The fact that your buddy left the door unlocked, and a unusual Gold Caddie was seen shortly after, sounds a little suspect. Are you sure you coworker didn't leave the door unlocked on purpose? Any other vehicles broken into in the same lot?

just seems a little too random to me, I would be all over your passenger.

Kick him in the junk....he will talk...eventually.....:)

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I see now why some people just come to the site and never post. My goal in the post was to get the word out of a stolen weapon. But some on here think nothing will ever happen to them and are above ever being a victim of a crime. Trust me I understand the door should have been locked. MINE was. He was told to lock his. Has been told several times in the past to lock his and has done so.
    I had a post on here that led to an infraction. And for that I apologize to the moderators for having to deal with it. Wasn't thinking straight with the burning that was coming from the salt being pored on the wound. Some people get a joy out of trying to make themselves feel superior at the sake of others misfortunes. I will never understand these people. So I guess they get another day to feel better than everyone else in there mind. I put these people right up there with the people that stole my gun. Its also real funny how in some peoples minds I am stupid for having common up grades on my carry gun. (up grades that were on it when I bought it) If this makes me stupid? t
    Then dum de do de durrrrr.

Any way for what it is worth. Just be on the look out in the 62nd and Georgetown area. There obviously people working the area to make victims out of people.
    Have a good day.
    Don't let a couple people's opinion determine your view of this forum. There are more people on here besides them and the majority of the people who have responded to your original post weren't giving you ****.

OP I really hope that your firearm turns up in the right hands and ends up back in your care. Perhaps next time a $30 cable lock box would be a wise investment. It's not that much and will help protect against a smash and grab.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I appreciate reminders like this - learn from it.

I have no hostilities toward OP, any one of us could come home from work and find our safe smashed open or worse. We can do everything right and still get ripped off.

I've got the tethered lock box in the console - but it isn't going to contain a bugout/gethome bag now is it? I can tether the bag to the frame of the vehicle, but it isn't going to secure the firearm inside of it, will it?

Transfering the gun from the lock box to the bag to the house at night isn't the most practical (and reverse it all the next morning). And no, I don't always do that, but a person with very good obsessive habits probably could.

We do what we can and know it can never be enough.

Top Bottom