• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Full disclosure; I work for the company that makes & sells these. They are really nice & sturdy. Numerous local, state, federal & foreign law enforcement have bought these. I make noting on the sale & don't even know the cost, but that info can be found on the site.

https://estesaws.com/

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    Fort Knox Safe.

16E928DE-2881-408A-9CEC-5FF6A30C4BF1_zps1ukgkvx5.jpg

221EADC0-F567-4BE9-A019-334AFCD5B1D8_zpsmgjx142w.jpg

58123BB0-7935-41C1-AA81-36B9E3250886_zps9s9gc3ng.jpg

How is that attached to the seat back?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If I have to take my kid into school. Do you have an objection to that?

You can't just slow down and push them out? :dunno:

I'm guessing you're in the school for 10 minutes at the most and the parking lot is pretty active - not a place for thieves.

As for the OP, that was a weekend, overnight... prime time for car thieves.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    How is that attached to the seat back?
    All cars that were built from a certain date, I can't remember what the date was. Has to have corrugated sheet metal attached to the back of the seats. That way if you're ever in an accident objects in the trunk don't come through the backseat. I took the backseat panel off which exposes the sheet metal. I took 4 bolts and ran it through the back of the sheet metal facing out along with 2 inch washers on front and back. I then used a nut to sandwich everything to the sheet metal before bolting the safe. I put the panel back on and put the safe over it. Then I was able to put the nuts on inside the safe. The reason I did it that way because if I ever sold the car or something happened to it I could easily remove the safe by opening it up and taking out the 4 nuts.

0652D07F-5B4D-48EF-BFA1-3B55535CFAA9_zpsvjauocyj.jpg

It goes something like this. [video=youtube_share;AnH158grrfY]http://youtu.be/AnH158grrfY[/video]

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Absolutely not. I was getting the vibe that people were removing their guns when they get in the car as a matter of course, if I am mistaken, fine.

I just assumed you were talking to me because you didn't quote anybody and I posted last. Looks like I'm not the only one that thought that.

You can't just slow down and push them out? :dunno:

I'm guessing you're in the school for 10 minutes at the most and the parking lot is pretty active - not a place for thieves.

As for the OP, that was a weekend, overnight... prime time for car thieves.

LOL, I have to admit I wanted to do that a few times.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    Full disclosure; I work for the company that makes & sells these. They are really nice & sturdy. Numerous local, state, federal & foreign law enforcement have bought these. I make noting on the sale & don't even know the cost, but that info can be found on the site.

https://estesaws.com/

Those look pretty sweet. Too bad I need my trunk space. A single-handgun model that mounts in the trunk and slides out might be doable, though.

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Perhaps locations vary, but here it's generally because:
    1) the vehicle was left unlocked and was rummaged.
    2) other valuables were visible (electronics/purse/laptop bag being the normal culprits) and the gun was an extra bonus
    3) its a marked police car

Only #3 seems to be prepared with tools, it's targeted and they know what they are after. #1 and #2 will be defeated by a cable lock, as they might have a spark plug or something to break windows, but that's it as far as tools go.

That can't be emphasized enough. Even a radar-detectors or vehicle cameras are an open invitation to woozles.
    Visible Rx bottles are even worse...

Last edited:

szorn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Northcentral Indiana
    More importantly, who knew it was in there?

Loads and loads of guns stored in vehicles are not stolen every day. Often guns stolen from vehicles are stolen because they are known to be there.

Great point! OR the vehicles are left unlocked or clearly tagged with NRA or other shooting / firearm-related stickers that draw criminal thugs like bees to flowers...

Steve

ftbstrd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    3) its a marked police car.... It was stolen out of a retired 05 Impala (9C1) police cruiser. They have no alarm, dome light doesn't come on with the doors, only by a switch. I figured they thought it was an unmarked police car and was hoping to hit a gold mine.

smasherofall

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    This is the first time I have heard of a spark plug being an entry tool. Without planning to test the theory, how does one use it?

When thrown with moderate speed at a side-window, a sharp shard of the exceptionally hard aluminium oxide ceramic used in spark plugs focuses the impact energy into a small enough area without blunting to initiate cracking, releasing the internal energy and shattering the glass.

Top Bottom