• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    About 2 months ago my .380 was stolen, it was returned and LEO still have it. I applied for my LTCH in October and still waiting for that too. I do have a record and I know because of that it will take longer to receive my license.

Do you think a firearm being stolen from me during my wait time could slow down the process of getting my license? I was talking with a friend about it so I thought I would ask INGO and see what you guys think.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    I wouldn't think it matters, all they are looking for is if you have any weapons or violence charges against you, having your personal property stolen from you should have no effect on your wait time

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    If the PD Recovered it, most likely it's Evidence. It should have no effect on your LTCH wait time. If your Record had a problem local PD should have rejected it before now. From reports on here wait times are around 3-4 month's. You applied in Oct. and haven't called to check on where it's at?

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    If the PD Recovered it, most likely it's Evidence. It should have no effect on your LTCH wait time. If your Record had a problem local PD should have rejected it before now. From reports on here wait times are around 3-4 month's. You applied in Oct. and haven't called to check on where it's at?

I called a few times, they said that it went into processing April 30th and that it will be 5-6 weeks from that date. Hopefully it will be here soon.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    The detective said they still have to test it to see if was used in a crime and said that it will be months before I get it back.....

Man that really sucks. First it got stolen and then it may have been used in a crime to shoot someone. Hopefully it comes back clean, if it doesn't are you out of a gun then?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Possibly for the trial?

Would they keep your car if it was stolen and recovered?

The detective said they still have to test it to see if was used in a crime and said that it will be months before I get it back.....

Wow, what a crock. What if they recovered a knife, baseball bat, or hammer that had been stolen from you? Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    Man that really sucks. First it got stolen and then it may have been used in a crime to shoot someone. Hopefully it comes back clean, if it doesn't are you out of a gun then?

Thanks, I hope it comes back clean too. If it was used to shoot someone I doubt I would get it back, hell, I wouldn't want it back. I don't think it was used at all though. It was returned with all six rounds in it. I know that doesn't mean it wasn't used for anything. But I don't think it would have been returned if it was used.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    Would they keep your car if it was stolen and recovered?

Wow, what a crock. What if they recovered a knife, baseball bat, or hammer that had been stolen from you? Seems kind of ridiculous to me.

Yeah, I think its bs. I want them to make sure it wasn't used, but I don't think it should take months to do it. If it was used and they take 3 months to find out, whoever used it could be long gone by now....

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    If it was a felony record don't think you will be getting it back. If you read the questions on the app. it will ask you if you had a felony so what kind of record does count.

Pitbullguy81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    South Bend
    If it was a felony record, I don't think you will be getting it back. If you read the questions on the app, it will ask you if you had a felony, so [STRIKE]what[/STRIKE] that kind of record does count.

:D

I don't have any felonies so I should be able to get it back as long as it wasn't used in a crime.

Top Bottom