• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    My family hinted that they wanted to go to the State Fair this weekend. I didn't because of the location and the firearms ban. Kept my money for a different type of fun. I will be close to there in two weeks, when I am allowed to carry.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Such youthful confusion. I'll try, one more time, to help....

He wasn't on the way to a "range trip." He was going to the Indiana State Fair. On 38th St. In an unguarded parking lot. Does the term "statistical probability" have any meaning for you?

Compassion? I think you're indeed confused. While we can all be on the lookout for the guns (the one for which the OP has still not posted serial numbers....), there is no "compassion" called for here. The OP screwed up. Individual responsibility....I already asked in the last post. What part of that don't you understand? If you're going to take 4 handguns to the Indiana State Fair to leave in the parking lot, don't come here lookin for compassion. It won't be found.

I understand that some people grasp things more easily than others. This one, however, isn't difficult. For anyone who is going to possess a firearm, it's an easy one to understand. You don't take 4 guns to the Indiana State Fair and leave them in your car. Responsible gun ownership......

Did that help? Do you truly not get this? I can't make it any easier. If this is truly your level of understanding, seek out someone in your orb who is older and wiser and have them explain this to you. Do so before you even think of carrying a gun.

If you feel so strongly about educating the OP, you could have privately messaged him. Still not seeing the justification for posting coulda shoulda woulda for all to see in a thread dealing with theft recovery NOT responsibility education. If based ON this thread you and others feel we all need to be taught responsible gun ownership lessons, then start a separate thread for it. When I see a post here, I am wanting to find out if he has any new info.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Sorry for your loss man !! SUCKS. Dealing with the same type situation myslef, only my truck and wifes car were broken into in my driveway.

To those who are blaming the victim, SHAME ON YOU !!! Thats assinine. Was it the smartest thing in the world to park on 38th with guns the car?? Maybe not, nor was it the smartest thing for me to leave $2500 worth of camera equipment in the back seat of my truck, nor was it the smartest thing for my wife to not take the faceplate off her stereo in her car. HOWEVER, theres this little that says, DON'T STEAL. Soooo, whos fault is this????

Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not sure if "blaming the victim" is really what is happening, so much as a call for common sense. Four guns that were legally acquired by a law abiding citizen are now in the hands of criminals. These are guns that are now most likely going to be used in crimes, adding to the anti-gun statistics that get thrown out at us every time Gun Control Inc tries to take more of our rights away.

I made this same mistake. I used to keep a gun in my glove box, and it was stolen from my driveway overnight, in a nice neighborhood. That gun could have been used to kill someone... and it is entirely my fault, because I was complacent, lazy, and exercising very bad judgment.

Now I never leave a weapon in an unattended car. In the case of the State Fair, that would be one day I would just leave them all in the gun safe....the relatively low probability of getting robbed on the way to the Fair weighed against the relatively high probability of the gun getting stolen would have been a no-brainer.

If I had some recurring scenario where leaving a weapon in a car was unavoidable, I would have some serious means of securing it (lockbox bolted to floor or whatever).

WE are the only gun control that matters, it is our duty to keep these out of the wrong peoples hands, period. :)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A couple of you have made good points since my earlier post, one of which I considered at the time, but considering the reply in question, I thought might be seen as an abuse of power. The point in question is that this thread has run it's course and now will serve only to allow dogpiling on either the OP or on Jake. As such, I'm closing it. Herby, when you have new info, you may PM any mod to reopen the thread for you to add it or you can just start a new thread.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all of you who have repped and complimented me since that earlier post. It's nice to know what I do is appreciated. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom