• Status
    Not open for further replies.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :xmad: Dude, so sorry to hear about this! That really sucks. I will spread the word to anyone I know in Indy to keep a look out. Good luck man, hope you get your property back and the piece of crap that did it gets caught.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    It can be done, but there are few individuals lower than a thief. I hope the OP eventually gets his guns back.

This is a good lesson for everyone. We need to be aware of the situations we are going to be in while carrying firearms. If the OP had ran in to Walmart after a trip from the range, I would really feel bad for him, but carrying four guns and leaving them in a car in an area that has some rough characters running around, that was probably not the wisest decision. There's now four guns in the hands of a thug(s) somewhere in Indy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Still no serial number 9 hours after?
    I dont know how many Glock 27 with factory sights have been sold to gun shops or individuals since the OP reported his guns stolen here on INGO but it's a very common model and without serial number they all look the same.
    They are probably sold already.If they have been sold to a gun shop I would contact as many as them as I could to have them check the serial number of the guns they bought the last two days.

I would also like to know how the OP stored his guns in his car.
    Were they locked in a safe fixed to the frame of the car?
    Were they hidden or visible from the outside of the car?
    Did he have any markings on the car that could lead to think that he had guns inside (INGO, NRA, PRO GUN stickers etc)?
    Could someone have seen him storing the guns away in his car before going to the fair?

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Still no serial number 9 hours after?
    I dont know how many Glock 27 with factory sights have been sold to gun shops or individuals since the OP reported his guns stolen here on INGO but it's a very common model and without serial number they all look the same.
    They are probably sold already.If they have been sold to a gun shop I would contact as many as them as I could to have them check the serial number of the guns they bought the last two days.

I would also like to know how the OP stored his guns in his car.
    Were they locked in a safe fixed to the frame of the car?
    Were they hidden or visible from the outside of the car?
    Did he have any markings on the car that could lead to think that he had guns inside (INGO, NRA, PRO GUN stickers etc)?
    Could someone have seen him storing the guns away in his car before going to the fair?

From what I have heard, they were in a duffle bag.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Crooks aint stupid all the time, they trade the guns for drugs/fast cash most of the time, they (Stoler dont want to get caught with the goods he took from the stolee), so he gets rid of them or uses the gun quick in a robbery then ditches it. It aint like they go around with it under their waistband showing it to the Homies..........look what I got today ?!?

Sorry for your loss my friend.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    thanks to everyone for the legit efforts to help. i will be adding the serial numbers as soon as i can. thanks also to Detective Robert May of the state police and deputy chief Gary Woodruff(Lawrence PD) who helped me get things reported.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Such youthful confusion. I'll try, one more time, to help....

He wasn't on the way to a "range trip." He was going to the Indiana State Fair. On 38th St. In an unguarded parking lot. Does the term "statistical probability" have any meaning for you?

Compassion? I think you're indeed confused. While we can all be on the lookout for the guns (the one for which the OP has still not posted serial numbers....), there is no "compassion" called for here. The OP screwed up. Individual responsibility....I already asked in the last post. What part of that don't you understand? If you're going to take 4 handguns to the Indiana State Fair to leave in the parking lot, don't come here lookin for compassion. It won't be found.

I understand that some people grasp things more easily than others. This one, however, isn't difficult. For anyone who is going to possess a firearm, it's an easy one to understand. You don't take 4 guns to the Indiana State Fair and leave them in your car. Responsible gun ownership......

Did that help? Do you truly not get this? I can't make it any easier. If this is truly your level of understanding, seek out someone in your orb who is older and wiser and have them explain this to you. Do so before you even think of carrying a gun.

Condescend much? Your ire is improperly directed. It is never right to blame the victim. Never. Nor is it right to turn it against someone who tells you so, for that matter.

You want to direct your "no justification" speech correctly, start with the State Fair commission that makes the rules and then turn it to the state legislators who gave them that power. Check this example:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis[/ame]

Blaming the victim of a theft for what happened is like blaming a rape victim for the fact that someone decided to violate him/her. Was his action wise? Probably not, but the law left him no other alternative besides remaining defenseless all the way there and back, and no one should have to do that, either.

ETA: Since "There is no justification for having 4 guns in his vehicle" in your mind, I suppose I should ask you how many guns there is justification for him to have?

Blessings,
    Bill

Last edited:

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    S/N's added. Also the detective in charge of the case is Detective Robert May with the ISP, his office phone number is 765-778-2121. His email is bmay@isp.in.gov Thanks to all of you for time, well wishes, and vigilance.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I hope you get some positive news soon.
    That sucks that you lost those guns but that sucks even more that possible criminals will be armed with those.
    I guess they were all loaded and ready to use.
    Not that it is hard to get ammo anywhere anyway.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

As above, Scutter added the info you had to that thread...

S/N's added. Also the detective in charge of the case is Detective Robert May with the ISP, his office phone number is 765-778-2121. His email is bmay@isp.in.gov Thanks to all of you for time, well wishes, and vigilance.

And I just added the updated info.

Good luck finding your guns.

If I may suggest for the future:
    Cabela's: Secure-It Handgun Storage Safes

Good investment. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

davidparrish60

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Galveston, IN
    sorry to hear about your loss... that sucks, SUPER BAD... just keep checking, and dont be afraid to go to the pawn shops that carry guns and ask if they have had some in. most of the time they will hold them for up to 10 days(or more) and will not have them checked till the later part of that 10 day hold... there is still some hope for you to get them back and im sure "MOST" of us will keep our eyes out for you...

as far as the one saying its your fault and its not justified having 4 guns in a car, dont even listen to him... in fact that isnt anyones business but your own...

i live near cicero and shoot down in spencer all the time(2 and a half hour drive)... at any one given trip, i may have at least 6 guns with me... am i not justified for having them with me? is it my fault if i need to stop and grab a jr. mcfat@$$ from the local burger joint and leave all 6+ guns in my car?

you never know the situation of why or for what reason he had his guns in his car. maybe he had his girlfriend with him and she wanted to go to the fair after they had got done shooting, and he lived an unreasonable distance from his house to JUSTIFY making the trip back to his home, only to come back to where he already was, i do it all the time. dont blame him for having his guns with him, he has guns, he can do that. you should be kind enough to give him a few kind words, and keep your eyes open like im sure i and others will be doing as well. :twocents:

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP OP, IM SURE YOU WILL GET MOST OF THEM BACK.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Condescend much? Your ire is improperly directed. It is never right to blame the victim. Never. Nor is it right to turn it against someone who tells you so, for that matter.

You want to direct your "no justification" speech correctly, start with the State Fair commission that makes the rules and then turn it to the state legislators who gave them that power. Check this example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1u0Byq5Qis

Blaming the victim of a theft for what happened is like blaming a rape victim for the fact that someone decided to violate him/her. Was his action wise? Probably not, but the law left him no other alternative besides remaining defenseless all the way there and back, and no one should have to do that, either.

ETA: Since "There is no justification for having 4 guns in his vehicle" in your mind, I suppose I should ask you how many guns there is justification for him to have?

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill - you have an interesting view of the world. I'm not sure what motivated the forum owner to conclude that you would make a good moderator but it is nonetheless his decision. I urge you to give pause and thought to your posts before making them. Looking juvenile and foolish is not something that bodes well for a mod on a forum. I hope you will accept this constructive criticism in the manner it was intended.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Bill - you have an interesting view of the world. I'm not sure what motivated the forum owner to conclude that you would make a good moderator but it is nonetheless his decision. I urge you to give pause and thought to your posts before making them. Looking juvenile and foolish is not something that bodes well for a mod on a forum. I hope you will accept this constructive criticism in the manner it was intended.

:popcorn:

Awaiting the hammer...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...seek out someone in your orb who is older and wiser and have them explain this to you...

I am older and wiser (and Chinese, to boot.) :oldwise:

Let me explain it this way: You're wrong, Jake.
    You've made your subjective opinion out to be a fact. It's not.

Don't be a jerk, Jake.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Jake,
    Most people on here seem to think that Fenway's motivation is that I'm fairly level-headed and thick-skinned (as all of our mods have to be) in addition to the fact that my reputation on here (no, not "rep") is that when :bs: starts to show up, I'm not afraid to grab a shovel and start putting it back in it's place. Case in point, your above quoted posts: you rail on the OP with naught but criticism, insult those who tell and show you why and how you're wrong, and when asked a question to clarify your position, you attempt to call into question both my maturity and wisdom, then try to advise me on how it "bodes" for me to give my opinion of your post.
    I don't plan to ban you even temporarily for the above, despite the disrespect you've shown, well, everyone, at least in this thread, although I'll advise the OP or anyone else on how to add you to his ignore list if he doesn't know how.
    Unfortunately for both of us, though, neither of us can use that feature to ignore the other, so you're as stuck reading my "juvenile"posts as I am reading your condescension.... At least until you either decide to change them or go far enough in your insults to get yourself removed from this board.

As you offered to me, please take that as both constructive criticism and as a hint and a half- I don't think just a hint is sufficient for you based on your deportment thus far.

Blessings,
    Bill

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    On 38th St. In an unguarded parking lot. Does the term "statistical probability" have any meaning for you?.

To me the above ^ says it all .

The whole area is one big ghetto and the more times you enter , the better your chances are for having something like this happening .

The fair grounds are a big gun free zone which as we all know makes the area ripe picking grounds for the thugs .

With the prices they charge for parking and admission , they should have guards .

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The final observation is that there is no possible justification for having 4 guns in your vehicle. Guns should be carried on your person. Period. I can possibly see 1 gun, given your location. 4 guns? No justification.

Perhap he was with 3 other people who carry? Or a friend who also carries a back up gun? Even if he wasn't, so what? There's enough laws and regs pertaining to firearms that we don't need to invent our own.

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    good luck it really sucks when a gun gets stolen it has happened to me i was lucky and got my gun back tow about 6 months but i got it back

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom