• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Keith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Hello, I'm new here (didn't know you existed) and was refered by a member over on the Culver pages.
    It's bad news on my end that I found out about this forum.

I had the misfortune to suffer a great loss. My storage facility was broken into and the following was taken.
    Any help in recovery would be appreciated.

Losses from B&E, Probably Oct. 12, 08, Reported to Police Oct 13, 08

East Central Indiana

Springfield Armory US M1 Rifle 30.06 Cal. (Garand) SN# 2136654

Springfield Armory US M1 Rifle 30.06 Cal. (Garand) SN# 1564238

Springfield Armory US M1 Rifle 30.06 Cal. (Garand) UNK SN# (1946 or 1947 barrel date).*

Eddystone US Rifle M1917 30.06 Cal, SN#36250 (rifle has Canadian ownership markings).

Remington US Rifle M1917 30.06 Cal, SN# 14792 (rifle is a WW II arsenal rebuild with a “JA”, Johnson Automatics made barrel)

US Rifle, M1903A1 30-06 Cal. SN# 323192

Remington-Rand US M1911A1 .45 Cal Pistol, SN#1391159

Remington-Rand US M1911A1 .45 Cal Pistol, SN#1413621

Colt US M1911 .45 Cal Pistol. This pistol was issued to an OSS officer during WW II and used in France prior to the D-Day invasion. It has had the markings removed, thus no Serial number, or maker marks.

Cs Zbrojokaakc. Spolvbrne, VZ24 8mm Rifle, SN#5258 P3, Czechoslovakian WW II Military

German K98 Mauser 8mm rifle, Unknown maker, Unknown SN# (Will update later).

Tokyo Juki Kogyo, Tokyo, Japanese Type-99 7.7mm 27th Series SN#4810

Toriimatsu Factory of the Nagoya Arsenal, Japanese Type 99 sniper rifle, 7.7mm SN#7548, bolt SN#521, no telescopic scope, just a mounting block on the side of the receiver.

Non-functioning AK-47, aluminum dummy receiver with original parts. Receiver is marked as though it was made at the Tula arsenal in the Soviet Union. UNK SN# With magazine and sling.

Replica Models Inc. reproduction German MP-40 sub-machine gun. Non-gun, made in Japan in the 1970’s. With magazine and home made leather sling.

2 WW II souvenir Japanese Swords (original list I said 2 or 3 swords, I think now there is only two missing. I have excellent detailed photo’s of these two sword that will positively ID them. They are unsigned blades, but good quality in leather scabbards.

20-30 assorted rifle bayonets, including 2 M-4 bayonets for the US M-1 carbine. Possibly a M1941 Johnson bayonet.

15 or so assorted Civil War to WW I era swords.

10 or so M1 carbine magazines

15 or so .45 auto magazines

2 Collins N. 18 9-inch machetes one with a sheath inscribed on the sheath “1st Marine Raiders”, other without sheath. I can positively ID these.

Several pounds of Soviet coins, mostly dated in the 60’s-80’s. Possibly other foreign coins.

Large amount of foreign bank notes in protective sheets

Hundreds of Soviet souvenir pin back buttons.

Probably other Japanese Type 99 7.7mm rifles

*I should be able to provide SN#’s as I look up the info.

I’m still assessing the loss and will up date the list as I can. Things were ransacked and it’s very hard to determine what is missing.

If anyone comes across anything that looks like it may have come from this burglary, please contact the Portland, IN. Police Department. (260) 726-7161

Many of these are directly from the Veterans who brought them back from war. It is a shame that the vet history will be lost if/when these items are fenced for pennies of their value.
    With the Indy 1500 coming up, some may show up there. I think we all agree that thieves need to pay for their crimes. I appriciate you interest and assistance!
    Thanks for your help. Now that I know about this site, I'll visit often!
    And yes, my security was lax and has been improved.
    BKW

Top Bottom