• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    F250’s and 350’s are extremely popular because of what parts cost for them. A simple chrome grill can cost upwards of $1500 oem. Even an aftermarket chrome bumper from keystone is about $500. There is a huge market for these parts.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    "Apparently, no Chevrolet Silverado is safe in North Texas as thieves are targeting the trucks and disabling their OnStar computer systems in minutes,... Victims of these thefts have all issued linked reports: no glass was broken, their keys were not used, and OnStar was disabled so fast that their vehicles' last recorded location was their house."

:(

At the link there is a picture of a truck that was stripped of the engine, the doghouse, the bed, the interior, the doors, the wheels, the suspension, the....everything except the four-door cab itself, which they left sitting in middle of a road.
    I would love to disable my onstar so it doesn't yell at me once a week "THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH ONSTAR..."

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You would think Ford would do something to make the F250/F350 harder to steal. I have chased many of them on the southwest side of Indy. I'll keep my eye out. Not to be a dark cloud, but he likely won't see it again.

If I was insured properly, I'd rather not see a vehicle back after someone decided to steal it. That's just me.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If I was insured properly, I'd rather not see a vehicle back after someone decided to steal it. That's just me.
    True. But I have recovered numerous vehicles over the years that were in the same shape they were when they were stolen. The ones that take the police on car chases or get set on fire are the ones you don't really want back.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    This spring I had a nice dovetail trailer and a 72" commercial mower stolen. I left the job at 9:30 and was back at 12:30 to see it all gone. Full sized truck toolbox mounted and full of stuff.

Insurance covered the mower, toolbox and contents but not the trailer. Bought a replacement trailer, but not as good as what I lost. County PD called a week ago inquiring about the trailer. I got excited until I found out they were just making sure I had not recovered it. I suggested they lead with it's not been found.

I still find little things I had in the box that I didn't add to the police report. I also still look at any trailers I cross, just in case.

It sucks. Out the cost of the trailer and the deductible. Plus if I get another homeowners hit my rates go up.

Hopefully he has a good list, and good insurance.

For what it's worth I will add that to my scans while driving. You never know. But if they popped the wifi camera my guess is this is a more pro team than will be joyriding around the state.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Thanks for the extra set of eyes. I have a feeling it was more than just joyriders. Its gonna take a while before I stop snapping my neck at every red truck.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    This sucks.
    There is a crew or crews of guys going around northwest indiana and the chicago south burbs stealing high end Dodge's. Chargers, Hellcats, Challengers and SRT Jeeps. I spoke with some tech guys I know and they said if they are stealing them without force, it's likely code replication. The Dodge UConnect system seems to have some flaws with security.
    Others not so lucky have been car jacked. One happened a few minutes from me at the BP on Ridge and Calumet in Munster. Bums got flagged by a cop and jumped on 94. Got off at Kennedy and ran the car into the ditch by Byway Brewery. They got arrested thankfully but the car got trashed.

So anyone in this area, keep your awareness up. Most of the news I see for this are is car jackings and thefts. So watch for people following you in something high peformance and keep it parked inside your garage.

The performance parts are worth big bucks and it's been very few that have been reported recovered and the ones that are have been stripped and left on bricks.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Just a thought. Did he buy this in a private sale or a dealership? If private, how well did he know the seller? Could they have kept a key and....

He told me the police called him today and they think it was the previous owner. Truck hasn't been found yet. He did buy it from a dealership and was only given one set of keys.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    He told me the police called him today and they think it was the previous owner. Truck hasn't been found yet. He did buy it from a dealership and was only given one set of keys.

I'm guessing the previous owner's background raised some flags. "This dude might have a key" by itself doesn't seem like something that would make one a suspect.
    Kind of like, "It's obviously a suicide."
    "SUICIDE?? The victim was stabbed 47 times!!"
    "There's a note..."

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I'm guessing the previous owner's background raised some flags. "This dude might have a key" by itself doesn't seem like something that would make one a suspect.
    Kind of like, "It's obviously a suicide."
    "SUICIDE?? The victim was stabbed 47 times!!"
    "There's a note..."

Yeah dad said the police have dealt with the guy in the past. I was just pointing out he probably had the other key reason for the alarm not going off. Not that it would have woke my dad anyway he's dead to the world when he sleeps.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had him call ford no GPS. He has a wifi cam overlooking the driveway that mysteriously quit working around the time it was taken. Unfortunately he also put the majority of his tools in it a couple days ago. Some people just suck.

Is it still not working, or just not working during the theft? If its still not working, could just be dumb luck for the thief.

Now if its working again slightly after the truck was stolen...

Wireless cams a bad idea. Jammers can be had on ebay for not much money. flip the switch, the camera suddenly cant talk to the network, and they can work without being seen.

Top Bottom