• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Define "cavalier" in this context please.

In this example: that you'll submissively vacate your rights so that somebody else will feel safe. Do you do that with your other rights in other situations? (I am not talking about when you are or could possibly be infringing on somebody else's rights).

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    In this example: that you'll submissively vacate your rights so that somebody else will feel safe. Do you do that with your other rights in other situations? (I am not talking about when you are or could possibly be infringing on somebody else's rights).

The short answer to your question is no, I do not. My big thing in a situation when I get pulled over by an LEO, is that I was always told to not be combative with an officer, that's just the way I was raised and it's been beaten into my skull. However, if the officer in question is committing a gross abuse of power then I damn sure won't take that lying down. I'm very new to the world of gun ownership and am not yet familiar with all the laws regarding the rights of gun owners in this state.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :+1:

I know that if and when I ever become an LEO, which I hope to do one day, that if I ever pull over a person for speeding or a busted headlight, that if there are weapons in the car, one of which an assault weapon, I know I'm making damn sure that those weapons are secure and don't pose even the slightest threat, no matter how friendly or courteous the driver is.

So not only are you willing to vacate your rights, your willing to trample over somebody elses if it suits your needs.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The short answer to your question is no, I do not. My big thing in a situation when I get pulled over by an LEO, is that I was always told to not be combative with an officer, that's just the way I was raised and it's been beaten into my skull. However, if the officer in question is committing a gross abuse of power then I damn sure won't take that lying down. I'm very new to the world of gun ownership and am not yet familiar with all the laws regarding the rights of gun owners in this state.
    But, earlier you advocated for Officers to commit gross abuses of power...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Closest to the mark ^.

Pkendall, you realize there's really no such definition, right?
    The term was coined before anybody tried to definitively clarify it and ever since, no two heads can agree on what it means.

Skip ahead to around 8:34 ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

The evolution from liberalism is one of thought, logic, and comtemplation over feelings. Liberalism is the easiest thing in the world because it's all based on feelings. I congratulate you on the way you are receiving the abuse in these posts. If you'll take time to think some of these things through, I suspect many of the positions you take now will change.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    The evolution from liberalism is one of thought, logic, and comtemplation over feelings. Liberalism is the easiest thing in the world because it's all based on feelings. I congratulate you on the way you are receiving the abuse in these posts. If you'll take time to think some of these things through, I suspect many of the positions you take now will change.

Probably. A friend of mine and father to one of the boys in my Boy Scout troop told qouted Winston Churchill I believe, and said (I'm paraphrasing here) that "if by 20 I'm not a liberal I'm not a heart and by 40 I'd be a conservative" or something to that effect. I'm hoping that he's still around and remembers the conversation when I hit 40 so we can see if he's right or not.

And to be honest with you, it's taking alot of my self-restraint to not start cussing people out and throwing a temper tantrum in response to some of the "abuse" I've received here. Although I love guns, and I love Indiana and her gun laws, it's one of the few areas I take the Republican side on. I think I may just well be the only left leaning member on this website. (Please don't shoot me! :scared: And as some people have said, maybe one day I'll outgrow it when I graduate college, get my own house, and have to live in the real world.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Also, I don't hold a grudge against any of you personally for the abuse you've given me, in retrospect at least some of it was well deserved. I understand that this is a public forum and whenever I open my mouth about something, particularly a political issue I'm at risk of being abused.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI

It's not merely the laws of owning and possessing a firearm. You have rights that protect you from talking to the police, letting them search you or your property, etc... And in your first post you advocated for an officer to abuse his "power". You keep contradicting yourself. You should have also educated yourself on the laws regarding owning a firearm BEFORE you became an owner.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No they do not have a Legitimate Reason, Legal Reason to just take Firearms from someone during a traffic stop. They do not have a Legal Reason to take Weapons from a Vehicle just cause it is a Firearm. If more Hoosiers were aware of what their Legal Rights were you would not even see/hear this crap.

There are a fairly significant number of Motorists killed on the sides of the road by LE Impersonators as well. Does that mean I get to take the Cops Firearms until we have it sorted out who is Dangerous and who is not...

Not to mention I am getting damn tired of hearing it is for Officer Safety...
    Don't like how dangerous your job is, then pick another one and STHU...

Tried to give the rep, but alas I must spread forth my seed before giving you more.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    :+1:

I know that if and when I ever become an LEO, which I hope to do one day, that if I ever pull over a person for speeding or a busted headlight, that if there are weapons in the car, one of which an assault weapon, I know I'm making damn sure that those weapons are secure and don't pose even the slightest threat, no matter how friendly or courteous the driver is.

Please rethink your future career choice. We don't need LEOs that willfully break the law, regardless of why you think it is justified.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    No they do not have a Legitimate Reason, Legal Reason to just take Firearms from someone during a traffic stop. They do not have a Legal Reason to take Weapons from a Vehicle just cause it is a Firearm. If more Hoosiers were aware of what their Legal Rights were you would not even see/hear this crap.

There are a fairly significant number of Motorists killed on the sides of the road by LE Impersonators as well. Does that mean I get to take the Cops Firearms until we have it sorted out who is Dangerous and who is not...

Not to mention I am getting damn tired of hearing it is for Officer Safety...
    Don't like how dangerous your job is, then pick another one and STHU...

Better yet, I ain't stopping. It's safer that way.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Also, I don't hold a grudge against any of you personally for the abuse you've given me, in retrospect at least some of it was well deserved. I understand that this is a public forum and whenever I open my mouth about something, particularly a political issue I'm at risk of being abused.

I can't see that anyone has been abusive. This has been a good discussion. Most on this board do have a problem with sacrificing their rights. Mostly because that is done for us without our consent too much as it is.

The only way to teach those that are trampling on your rights, is to inform them that they are and seek damages if they continue. This is what a civil suit is about, to stop bad behavior.

It is very unfortunate that in this country, people are being trained more and more to cower to authority, usually in conflict with their actual rights. Some of us choose liberty instead, even if it is more work. :dunno:

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI

How have you been abused? :dunno:

Top Bottom