• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    This is in Valpo. I wanted to pick up a few things as well as a box of Federal .223 100pk. Got all the other stuff and went to sporting goods dept. Good selection of ammo, but no sales person. 10 minutes goes by while looking at their new selection of gun stuff. Walked over to electronics department to see if they could page someone to sporting goods. They did after I got back over there. Another 10 minutes goes by, so I call the store on my cell. They paged someone again. Another 10 minutes goes by and I call the store back, ask for manager to be sent over to sporting goods. She shows up a few minutes later and is happy to take care of me. She apologized a few time during the time she spent with me. And now for the really good news. . . she knocked $10 off the box of ammo!!! Reg price is $39.97. I thought that was good of her. She said if I ever have to wait again, to call for her. I guess $10 for about 1/2 an hour is OK. I suppose their are still some people that take their job seriously. Oh yea, she said she would find out where the sales person for that department was and let them know about it. BTW this has never happened to me at this store before. Just wanted to let you all know how it goes sometimes. Not really a rant just wanted to share.

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    If they take $10.00 off every time somebody has to wait to get ammo out of the case, they'll be out of business by Christmas.

:rolleyes:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    could have been on lunch. they are not allowed to work NO MATTER WHAT when on lunch or off the clock.
    glad they took care of you though.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    One reason I'm glad I do not buy ammo from Chinamart anymore. Every time I go back their to pick up cleaning supplies, there is never anyone back there.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I don't believe this a single store incident. I wish I would have received some cash off for my time waited for help at the ammo case at walmart. I think if 1/2 an hour equals $10, I am owed a LOT of money. oh well.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What's is the Federal Champion 9mm running now at Chinamart? The last time I bought some it was $9.96 a box of 50. I'm reloading 50 rounds for just over $6 a box.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    If they take $10.00 off every time somebody has to wait to get ammo out of the case, they'll be out of business by Christmas.

:rolleyes:

Let me give you an amen from the congregation!

I will say I understand that of all the sales in sporting goods that require a salesperson to actually be present, it probably doesn't necessitate keeping someone there full time, but I wish they had some sort of system where you could get someone there in a reasonable time.

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    If I remember right I think the Fed. Champion 9mm is still under $10 a box/50.
    I did see where the Winchester white box FMJ 100 rd. is $27. and the Federal 100 rd box of hollow points is about $3 more. I might be off a little but i think it was about $3 difference. I have used both in all my 9mm's and they run fine.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    What's is the Federal Champion 9mm running now at Chinamart? The last time I bought some it was $9.96 a box of 50. I'm reloading 50 rounds for just over $6 a box.
    $13.47

And, OP, glad to hear you were taken care of. There are some that believe in taking care of the customer. Sounds like you dealt with one of them. Good to hear.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    The Martinsville Wal-Mart has gotten much better recently. Since they redid the sporting goods and added guns, someone has always been within an aisle or two to help me out and I've never had to hunt for them, they see me eyeing the ammo and ask if they can help.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    This is in Valpo. I wanted to pick up a few things as well as a box of Federal .223 100pk. Got all the other stuff and went to sporting goods dept. Good selection of ammo, but no sales person. 10 minutes goes by while looking at their new selection of gun stuff. Walked over to electronics department to see if they could page someone to sporting goods. They did after I got back over there. Another 10 minutes goes by, so I call the store on my cell. They paged someone again. Another 10 minutes goes by and I call the store back, ask for manager to be sent over to sporting goods. She shows up a few minutes later and is happy to take care of me. She apologized a few time during the time she spent with me. And now for the really good news. . . she knocked $10 off the box of ammo!!! Reg price is $39.97. I thought that was good of her. She said if I ever have to wait again, to call for her. I guess $10 for about 1/2 an hour is OK. I suppose their are still some people that take their job seriously. Oh yea, she said she would find out where the sales person for that department was and let them know about it. BTW this has never happened to me at this store before. Just wanted to let you all know how it goes sometimes. Not really a rant just wanted to share.

Had something similar at my Wal-Mart...

Waited behind a woman for 25 MINUTES while she handed over coupon after coupon, and instructed the cashier how to scan the ones that would scan properly (she was a night cashier at the same wal-mart, and the current cashier was new), and after one of the CSMs had to assist, the CSM told them to knock the 3 six-packs of Dew I bought down to $1 each for my wait.
    I already had all my groceries on the belt before this started, I was NOT going to pack up and move...

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    The one in Greenfield has Tulammo in like 6 different flavors but not 7.62x39, sounds stupid to me. Since that is mostly what I shoot, Ill just keep buying all my ammo from Dunhams in Anderson.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Lol u must not own a 223.....$29 for brass. 223 from a quality ammo company......tell me where else you can find that......that's a great price!

I think Gander has the 100 packs of American Eagle .223 for $29.99 for a couple more days. I'm not a big fan of Gander, and I know their prices are normally jacked up, but would be better than dealing with WalMart when I don't have to, and at least at the Gander here, the ammo is not in a case. Don't get me wrong, when I can't get ammo elsewhere locally cheaper I will go to WalMart, but if I can avoid it I will. Still pretty cool that she acknowledged your wait and gave you something for your trouble. Too many people these days that work for the box stores (and even some that work at smaller stores) don't seem to care about customer service.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I gave up buying ammo at WalMart in Bedford several years ago. I ALWAYS had to chase someone down to help me, and I doubt I ever got out of there in less than 15 minutes.

Now the only thing I buy there is an occasional brick of .22lr if the salesdroid is present when I go past, but even then I get better prices ordering by the case online.

jwhite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Federal champion is $11.95 .. if they ever have any in stock.. its hard to find it in stock though

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

OP and now you can use your new ammo at the NWI MEET & SHOOT. :D
    See my sig of current events for more info.

I've been at the valpo wal-mart twice once for a 10/22 and yes it takes them f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get someone down to the sporting good dept & then f-o-r-e-v-e-r to do the paperwork.

Top Bottom