• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hey OP, just kinda curious, but why did you even bring up the caliber issue? I mean it sounded like a great interaction and IMHO, you only furthered the interaction by asking about the caliber issues. Anyway, glad you had a positive experience with the CO. On a small side note, that has to be one of the most dangerous jobs in law enforcement, going on and knowing everyone you meet will be armed and you are alone in the woods... scary stuff...

Gunner

So hunters should be feared? LEO's should be afraid of an armed public? I thought an armed society is a polite society. What does this say about CC or OC?

EDIT: Didn't see the other posts, I don't mean to pile on, sorry.

Last edited:

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    You're right.

I guess there are some poachers that while committing an illegal act and armed with the weapons they just committed the illegal act with - aren't all bad people and should be given the benefit of the doubt.
    Even while officers are approaching them alone - in the bush - without backup.
    What could go wrong.

They are all fellow gun owners just like us. Right? :n00b:

That wasn't really the point I responded to or the thought I proposed should be considered. Nobody said poacher until you mentioned it. I mentioned a hunter during season. And yes, I do think a CO frequently has an idea what he's going to find when he walks up on scene just like a cop usually knows. The OP for example wasn't asked about caliber. Seems apparent the CO didn't suspect an issue with that. Should he approach a vehicle with mounted spotlight, after dark, out of season.....
    But having said that, I'm sure you didn't actually want discourse on the subject. This is INGO and we argue opposite views just to see how stirred up people will get. For me....I don't mind being stopped wherever I am, for whatever reason LE deems appropriate at that time, to provide proof that I'm carrying out legal activities. Doesn't bother me at all cuz their job must be tough enough having to deal with those miscreants all the time!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    For me....I don't mind being stopped wherever I am, for whatever reason LE deems appropriate at that time, to provide proof that I'm carrying out legal activities. Doesn't bother me at all cuz their job must be tough enough having to deal with those miscreants all the time!
    Surely you don't mean that? You don't mind being stopped so that you can prove to someone you are innocent?:bash:

inlineman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    I am sure if you had not been able to produce a hunting license the next question would have been about another infraction you could have been charged with and eventually caliber would have come up,but when you proved you was abiding by the law no more questions were necessary.Makes perfect sense to me.

Top Bottom