• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ive shot the 9mm luger thru my friends cz75 with no problems with the 150 rounds we went thru. Its steel casing if that matters to you. I dont have much to compare it to as it has been the only 9mm round I have fired. I would ask zephri if you want a comparison between the two. Saying that there were no FTF or misfeeds.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    The last range trip I did there were three of us shooting it through various glocks, berettas and XDs and had no issues with it what so ever.

jp828108

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Clermont
    I have shot it in 9mm and 45acp. didn't have any problems, went bang every time. probably not the most accurate but to just have some fun it worked well for me. as stated earlier it is steel cased if that makes a difference to you though

jeanp1948

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Tula ammo no problem with me

I have used Tula in .45, 9mm and in 9mm Makarov with no problems whatsoever and the accuracy was great. It's just that it's not brassy looking and that does bother some purists that like the feel and looks of brass! I don't blame them as I did the same but got over it due to the ridiculous price of ammo in the last 8-10 years,

jeanp1948

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The newer steel cases have a polymer coating and don't present a problem. Older ones without the polymer coating can be bad. The steel doesn't expand into the chamber like brass does, and you can have carbon fouling of the chamber. This doesn't present until you go back to brass, when one will expand into the fouled chamber and refuse to extract. I have an M4 barrel I have to knock them out with a rod and hammer. Make sure if you fire steel cased ammo you clean your chamber well.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I shoot TulAmmo .223, 7.62X39, .45 ACP, and 9mm for plinking. Never had a problem with it and it's much cleaner than I had expected for the price. I do clean my firearms after firing them so I can't say that it won't cause a problem if you don't clean it, but I haven't noticed anything exceptionally dirty afterwards.

It's definitely worth the price if that's what you're wondering. I wouldn't try shooting tight groups or long range with it, but for plinking and backyard paper punching, it's great!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That is all I use for FNS if I don't have reloads to use. I've never had an issue, but I've hear they can be tricky in cold weather. I've never experienced that problem myself and I shoot in the winter.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    A buddy of mine has a Saiga 7.62x39, and that Tul ammo is all ive seen him shoot out of it because it is so cheap.

Sorry if im hijacking your thread but i relatively new to guns .... Whats the downside of using metal case ammo?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I shoot some steel cased Wolf, but have never tried the Tula. It all seems to function fine with no adverse effects to the gun, even though some people seem to have premature wear problems I guess, but the stuff is dirty. I find that it required more cleaning than brass cased ammo does.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Your individual gun may not like it... But that's the case with any firearm / ammo combination.

You'll also probably notice your firearm gets more dirty shooting the steel stuff, that's due to the steel case not expanding into the chamber and sealing nearly as well as brass does.

-J-

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Your individual gun may not like it... But that's the case with any firearm / ammo combination.

You'll also probably notice your firearm gets more dirty shooting the steel stuff, that's due to the steel case not expanding into the chamber and sealing nearly as well as brass does.

-J-
    I thought that if your brass cases "pooched" out, that was a sign of a chamber that was too large of inside diameter?:dunno:

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis

-J-

Well I have a Glock 30 .45 ACP and I was told that my glock would eat it up..... but I'm wondering if there would be any adverse effects on my glock for using steel cased ammo instead of the brass that I normally buy.....

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought that if your brass cases "pooched" out, that was a sign of a chamber that was too large of inside diameter?:dunno:

Maybe thats another reason, IDK, but I would think the most common reason would be underpowered ammo that simply wasn't sealing the chamber.

Well I have a Glock 30 .45 ACP and I was told that my glock would eat it up..... but I'm wondering if there would be any adverse effects on my glock for using steel cased ammo instead of the brass that I normally buy.....

Wouldn't be any adverse effects other than getting it dirtier. If anything, I always thought it was underpowered, so maybe less wear on parts ????

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Tula and Wolf ammo are made by the same company, probably in the same plant, just imported into the US by different distributors, pretty much the same way the primers are.

We are seeing quite a lot of the Tula at ECPR, and the only problem I have seen, is a missing primer in a single 9mm round.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Damn, i always stayed away from steel cased ammo thinking the steel would somehow wear the gun down faster :shrug: maybe next time ill get a box and give it a try.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I've put about 1400 rds of Tula .223 thru two different AR's and approx 1000 rds of 9MM thru two different Ruger P95's, a Glock 19, and a Glock 26. I've had zero FTF's or FTE's. Accuracy thru the 9MM's is pretty decent. Accuracy in a RRA 20" HB was very good but thru a 16" patrol rifle set-up was OK at best.

Overall, I'd recommend the Tula without hesitation. I use Hornady CD for carry ammo so the Tula lightens the load on the wallet for practice.

Top Bottom