• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    anyone know of a central indiana located gun shop that carries rock island in stock? i'm specifically looking for the 3.5" compact, but don't want to buy one without holding it.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    MC Sports carries Rock Island 1911's as well. For a decent price to boot.

I was in Bradis on Monday, and do believe I seen a rock island sitting under glass while I was there.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    They've got a good price but how's the quality? Any RIA owners on here?

Best bang for your buck in the 1911 world. I've had a few and still have one and gave my dad one. Joy to shoot, especially for the price. A few people will whine they have MIM parts - but whatever. While I carry a $1200 SA EMP40 for my EDC - I wouldn't fret a bit changing over to the RIA for daily carry.

aetucker1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    I ended up going down to Plainfield Shooting Supplies and picked up a Rock Island 5" Tactical. Pretty decent price.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    In NWI I never could find a RIA except at a gun show ($$$). Bought mine from Bellshire Guns in TN through gunbroker. Was way less expensive even with shipping and transfer fee.

gunwh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    In NWI I never could find a RIA except at a gun show ($$$). Bought mine from Bellshire Guns in TN through gunbroker. Was way less expensive even with shipping and transfer fee.

Did you check with class3sales we carry RIA and are in NW Indiana. If we don't have it we can order it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I ended up going down to Plainfield Shooting Supplies and picked up a Rock Island 5" Tactical. Pretty decent price.

Congrats on the new gun. I have a RIA Compact and it's been a great gun. If you bought from Plainfield Shooting Supplies, you probably got a great deal. Bradis usually has good deals, but I've never seen them beat PSS prices. PSS is one of those 'Must go to' places when pricing weapons.

Top Bottom