Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    I have found I can increase the capacity of my safe by putting every long gun in a silicone treated gun sock. Don't have to space them out as much and they don't get dinged when taking things out.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    180   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I have thought about the gun sock idea and even tried it a little. It does help keep guns from getting dinged but the problem is that they still don't stack in too well. I'm just gonna have to break down and buy these. If and when I do, I'll try to to take before and after pics for a later update. The real problem is that I just need a bigger safe. Or just stop buying new guns...
    :rofl:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have thought about the gun sock idea and even tried it a little. It does help keep guns from getting dinged but the problem is that they still don't stack in too well. I'm just gonna have to break down and buy these. If and when I do, I'll try to to take before and after pics for a later update. The real problem is that I just need a bigger safe. Or just stop buying new guns...
    :rofl:

I'd like to know how this goes. My safe is not near big enough and I have way too many guns.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    As many of us are aware of, ARs and other pistol gripped rifles, M1/M14 series rifles w/ op-rod handles protruding and scoped rifles take up much more room than the lever action and bolt rifles that are typically used to get a safes capacity by the manufacturers...

I alternate rifles muzzle up and muzzle down and I can get the stated capacity of the safe and even a few extras such as the 10/22s in there also. I also use the socks too.

But I too need a bigger safe or yet another.......:dunno:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom