• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another cop out response-this is not a discussion -you have no viable solutions just quippy comebacks-you just think you're smart and have all the answers. Lots of people like that on this site. I'm guessing your middle age or older because you are way out of touch with reality. The world is different and is changing rapidly. This may be news to you but we are marketed to everywhere we turn. You can't just "turn it off". It doesn't work that way. Unless of course you want to hole yourself up in a bunker. If you can't recognize that then I might as well be talking to a wall.

Why do I need a solution?
    Where is your solution?
    Quippy comebacks, darn, I was shooting for snarky. Guess I need to adjust.
    Yes, the world is different and changing. Look at history. It's ALWAYS different and changing.
    Middle aged or older? Didn't know that made a difference. Guess my opinion only counts if I'm younger. Or I could go on a tirade myself about 20 year olds not being able to do simple research. Such as, by clicking on my name, user profile, about me, it lists me as 47. I'm thinking that's middle aged. If I click on yours, it shows 26.
    But, that hasn't come up in my posts cause I don't care how old you or I am. The argument should stand on it's own logic.

Not sure why you're getting upset talking aobut bunkers, talking to a wall, out of touch, or whatever.
    INGO, and this thread are not affecting your job, your home, or your life.
    So take it easy.
    People can disagree and argue without getting upset. Or is that a middle aged thing?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another cop out response-this is not a discussion -you have no viable solutions just quippy comebacks-you just think you're smart and have all the answers. Lots of people like that on this site. I'm guessing your middle age or older because you are way out of touch with reality. The world is different and is changing rapidly. This may be news to you but we are marketed to everywhere we turn. You can't just "turn it off". It doesn't work that way. Unless of course you want to hole yourself up in a bunker. If you can't recognize that then I might as well be talking to a wall.

I must have missed your solutions.
    I'm middle aged and my neurons don't fire so good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why do I need a solution?
    Where is your solution?
    Quippy comebacks, darn, I was shooting for snarky. Guess I need to adjust.
    Yes, the world is different and changing. Look at history. It's ALWAYS different and changing.
    Middle aged or older? Didn't know that made a difference. Guess my opinion only counts if I'm younger. Or I could go on a tirade myself about 20 year olds not being able to do simple research. Such as, by clicking on my name, user profile, about me, it lists me as 47. I'm thinking that's middle aged. If I click on yours, it shows 26.
    But, that hasn't come up in my posts cause I don't care how old you or I am. The argument should stand on it's own logic.

Not sure why you're getting upset talking aobut bunkers, talking to a wall, out of touch, or whatever.
    INGO, and this thread are not affecting your job, your home, or your life.
    So take it easy.
    People can disagree and argue without getting upset. Or is that a middle aged thing?

It is a mid 20's thing.

No knock just truth.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Is this the thread where the "out of touch old man" and the "arrogant soapbox preaching full of himself millennial" are fighting?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

HM27l.gif

tumblr_mehnylZOJ71qcv9vp.gif

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Son (I'm old enough to call you that), you'll learn, probably in about 20 years, that your best poking and prodding just kind of tickles us at this age. We know it's changing, and we've experienced enough of it to better understand how and how much, because we actually saw it in the before state. To a couple of generations back, anyway. I've developed a sublime ability to filter marketing from my input stream, and life is peaceful. Maybe try to learn from us before you challenge us arbitrarily.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Is it just me that finds this annoying? I don't want to sound insensitive but when large corporations (culvers, dollar tree etc) ask you for money for different charities ... I find it rude. Not everyone believes in all charities .. Whether it be Christmas or different programs to help whoever.

How is it any different then a bum on the street? I could see frustration on the faces of people being asked in line having to say no in front of others. If you want to put out a donation jar explaining the cause, so be it but asking every customer is excessive, IMO.

It is awkward. Just say you prefer to give anonymously and now it's too late.
    OTOH, I find that sometimes you have to kick people in the *ss to get them to do the right thing. I'm a typical conflicted liberal....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I get mildly annoyed at having to decline requests for donations at stores. No big deal. I get at LEAST slightly annoyed at someone or another most every day of the week.
    SSDD

The only charity I will ALWAYS support is the U.S. Marine Corps. "Toys for Tots" program.
    Then again, they don't press people at stores for monetary donations.
    Rather, they put out a box and request new, unwrapped toys as donations.

In the decades I've been donating to Toys for Tots, I have NEVER seen or heard of any improprieties.

Top Bottom