• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I ordered a Storm Lake barrel for my Glock 21 a few months ago, and noticed that it had linear machine marks running down the length of the bore in the groves. I returned it to Storm Lake, and they acknowledged over the phone that the barrel had not been manufactured correctly, and they said a replacement barrel would be shipped.

I received the "replacement" barrel this evening. The work order included with the barrel states that Storm Lake "reworked bore; deburred part." So I guess they returned the same barrel back to me after deburring and lapping it. The order goes on to say "Linear marks in grooves in bore are relative to cut broach rifling. All dimensions check and are in spec."

I think this is Storm Lake's way of saying the gouge/machine marks running down the length of the bore are normal. I just can't believe this is true...

So, is this normal? Can anyone out there with a Storm Lake barrel take a look down their bore and post a description?

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I tried to take some pics but couldn't get them to come out.
    I have an older storm lake for a G17 with a bunch of rounds through it. The bore is shiny and looks well polished with the rifling visible.
    Not sure what gouge/machine marks would mean but I would say I don't have any.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Thanks for checking. I have also tried to photograph my bore, but I don't have the right equipment.

The lands in my barrel are well polished now that storm lake worked it over. But the grooves still have heavy machine marks running down the length of the bore.

I have three KKM barrels, and all are mirror polished. This Storm Lake barrel is turning out to be a major disappointment. I saved $30 over the purchase of a KKM -- not worth it, assuming the machine marks are a problem. I think it's more likely to have leading problems due to the rough bore.

Top Bottom