• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Getting ready to head down to the Story Inn south of Nashville for a little rest and vacation. Has anyone stayed there? Any reviews?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Story inn is cool, great food. Usually stop there when in Nashville area but never stayed there. Huge ghost hunter town, supposed to be haunted, never saw anything myself except deer crossing 135 while on the Harley that made me wish I was a ghost!! Have fun!!!

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Story inn is cool, great food. Usually stop there when in Nashville area but never stayed there. Huge ghost hunter town, supposed to be haunted, never saw anything myself except deer crossing 135 while on the Harley that made me wish I was a ghost!! Have fun!!!

I checked and we are the only ones staying in the inn itself. Just me and my wife alone in a haunted inn after the employees leave....think I saw that movie.:laugh:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Lot of local history around that place. Think it's Greg Garrison's enterprise currently. It's had a few owners and changed a lot over the years. I remember fishing down on Salt Creek when I was about 10 with my fourth grade teacher and getting a soda at the store there on the way back home. We cleaned a lot of suckers and bluegill that day.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Check out the bar in the basement after you eat dinner. Locals seem to visit and make it a fun place to drink.
    I fully intend to! We're going to be down there June 2 to June 6 so if any INGOERS show up I'll buy you a drink!
    Also found a link to Schooner Valley Stables. I'm thinking of taking my wife riding. I grew up with horses but I don't think she's ever ridden.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    tumblr_m06w1rhMmi1r858p5o1_500.gif

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Don't miss out on BigWoods pizza and BBQ nachos while in Nashville.
    If you wander into Bloomington, ZagRebs for steak.
    Thursday night is match night at hhrp. The rang is just off 46 (east of 135)

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Don't miss out on BigWoods pizza and BBQ nachos while in Nashville.
    If you wander into Bloomington, ZagRebs for steak.
    Thursday night is match night at hhrp. The rang is just off 46 (east of 135)

Thanks. Will definitely check out Bigwoods pizza!
    I didn't know they had a range down there that close.
    I grew up outside Bloomington. I am very familiar with Zagrebs:)
    As I remember, Irish Lion and Crazy Horse were good bars too--if they are still there.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Also, we are boarding our dog at Lil Rascals pet motel. I recommend it for those in the Anderson, Lapel, Noblesville area. (I think one of our member's property abuts it too, FYI, but I can't remember whose.) But it's a good place to board the pup. Nice people and good care.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Heading out tomorrow morning. I'll follow up with a review when I get back in case anyone else is thinking of staying there.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Have fun. The wife and I have ate there a few years back. The food was good. When checking out the rooms they looked nice. Looking forward to your report.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Ate there once. Was overpriced and wasn't impressed. I don't know if it's still open but try the hitchin post in Norman. It was closed he last time I went but I've heard it's reopened. I did a google search of Norman Station hitchin post. There were a few Facebook links but I don't facebook. I found this link though.
    Hitching Post - Norman | Urbanspoon

You could oder a tenderloin with whatever you want on it and then order a second bun with whatever fixings you want for about a dollar more. Tear the tenderloin in half and it was still bigger than the bun. Out of the 3 times I went! Twice, it was excellent, the other time so so.

Top Bottom