• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Im sorry I have been swamped with work since I got well. I will try and get another installment up this week.

20081014115516_large.jpg

:popcorn:...

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    DO NOT FALL THRU ANY ICE IN THIS WEATHER!!!!!!
    Even up to your knees. It goes over those high dollar boots and gets REAL COLD real fast.
    Just fyi

Bob

Lunati

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Warsaw
    DO NOT FALL THRU ANY ICE IN THIS WEATHER!!!!!!
    Even up to your knees. It goes over those high dollar boots and gets REAL COLD real fast.
    Just fyi

Bob

Happened to me yesterday, fell through the ice on a river I was crossing and got it above my knee. Bur...

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As Steve made his rounds he thought about what the next step in preparing for the chaos. He ran down his mental list as he checked on the animals. Drinking / Cooking Water, more than enough for 20 people for 3 months. Washing Water, same, more than enough for 20 people for 3 months. People Food, enough for 20 people for about a year. Livestock Food, enough for all the animals and possible off spring for 4-6 months depending on how much is fed and if they are fattened for consumption or not. Generator Fuel, enough for same status of living for 3 months, if rationed 6 months. Tractor and Vehicle Fuel, enough for a year for the tractor and about 4 months of same standard of living for the vehicles, about a year if rationed and hold up. Ammo, enough for a dozen sustained fire fights with 15 rifles, 5 shotguns and 10 pistols expending man carried allotments of ammunition. Explosives, enough to booby trap the entire property three times over or enough to drop every bridge or crater every road to cut them off from the outside world twice.

Steve was walking back to the house as he continued through his list when he noticed the back porch light flashing. Tasha was signaling. Dang it! Steve said to himself, I need to start carrying a radio. Breaking into a quicker pace, almost a run in the snow he barreled through the mudroom door to see Tasha standing at the inside doorway. There is more news on the television, I rewound it and am recording it. Be in there in a second hun, Steve replied.

Steve quickly doffed his outer ware and put his boots on a dryer and washing up and walked into the house carrying his rifle and patrol bag.
    With a frightened look on her face Tasha handed him a cup of hot tea and the remote. As they stood there watching the TV broadcast Tasha slowly gripped Steve’s arm tighter..

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I spell check in my word processor, onlything mispelled is on purpose, "gooberment" etc. Unless I missed something else. I will check better.

Hello Icarry2. haven't finished reading this yet. Really good to the point that I have made it to. In line with incorrect word usage, in post #4 the following:

As Tasha rolled over cuddling up next to Steve she muttered “I hate sleeping in a cold bed alone” and as Steve apologized he gave her a hug, kissed her on the forehead and got out of bed. He then motioned for their ferocious guard dog Roscoe, a pure bread ankle biting Jack Russell to take his place next to Tasha.

The correct word usage for "pure bread' should be "pure bred". I don't think the JRR is a loaf of bread. :) Spell check only looks for proper spelling not word usage. I catch a lot of my own errors when I proof my text and notice that. The suggestion of an outside proof reader is a good idea if you are interested in submitting a superior product.

But, I have been hooked and have put another book that I was reading largely aside to read your story. I hope to see your stuff on the book shelves soon. Good luck.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Thanks for the info, I let you all proof read for me.. lol I will correct the grammar, or is it grammer? lol Glad you like the story and I have considered publishing but am not sure. Have you read the others?

Hello Icarry2. haven't finished reading this yet. Really good to the point that I have made it to. In line with incorrect word usage, in post #4 the following:

The correct word usage for "pure bread' should be "pure bred". I don't think the JRR is a loaf of bread. :) Spell check only looks for proper spelling not word usage. I catch a lot of my own errors when I proof my text and notice that. The suggestion of an outside proof reader is a good idea if you are interested in submitting a superior product.

But, I have been hooked and have put another book that I was reading largely aside to read your story. I hope to see your stuff on the book shelves soon. Good luck.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    As Steve stopped and rewound a part of the recording he nodded at Tasha to hand him the note pad and pen. As he resumed the playback he stopped it at certain points to write down notes. He wanted to be able to pass along valid intel to the others of the group if they missed the broadcast.

The commentator who looked a little tired and worse for wear wasn’t clean shaven, his tie was loosened and he wasn’t wearing a jacket. His commentary started out: Insurgents have control of the entire state of Florida and Eastern Seaboard North to Maine as well as most of the Gulf Coast. Parts of the Western Mexican border and up the Western Seaboard. The US Government had relocated to Cheyenne Mountain but a few of the top tier officials were missing.

In D.C. some representatives and senators had been killed and or taken from their homes by the invaders. The Governors of Florida and a few other states were either dead or also taken by the insurgents.

Civilians in the occupied areas were being killed, rounded up and put into make shift camps. Some groups of civilians had banded together with scattered reservists, national guards men and regular military to fight back but were having little success.

Top Bottom