• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Most NG posts are state property however, the assets ie aircraft most equipment etc are Federal. There might be certain parts of certain instillations that are federal property but most is State owned.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Sorry OP but I can't give you any clear answer other than Stout Field is no longer in use and to my knowledge has no aircraft there. I fly over it almost every day and have never even seen a helicopter there. A quick google search says that it is joint Army/Air Force, but I don't known if that makes it a no go.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Stout Field is very much in use as it's the Joint Force HQ's for the Indiana Guard. It's not an airfield anymore but aircraft do land there frequently. As far as carrying a firearm, it's against the rules at a minimum and if they learn of your weapon you'll be asked to leave.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I use to be stationed at 38th armory which is the "open" part of stout field. Except at the gun show i was told it was a no go. Do so at your own your own risk.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Stout Field is Federal property. As such, it is against the law to carry loaded firearms onto the facility.

Stout Field has NEVER been federal property. In fact, during WWII, it was leased to the feds for $1 per year the duration of the war to conduct pilot training. Edit: Firearms carry is still up to the installation commander.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Stout Field is very much in use as it's the Joint Force HQ's for the Indiana Guard. It's not an airfield anymore but aircraft do land there frequently. As far as carrying a firearm, it's against the rules at a minimum and if they learn of your weapon you'll be asked to leave.

Typing on an iPad sucks. :n00b:

Yup it is in use. I meant to type that it is not an airfield that is in use.

I flew over it again today and did not see any aircraft there. There is a heli pad on the NW part of it, but I have never heard or seen anyone go in or out of there. I'm curious, how frequently do helis land there? It can't be often, but I don't know how frequent you mean.

Top Bottom