• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    I'll be surprised if it's that busy. I expect it to be busier than normal, but I really don't think it'll be that crazy. It's still a small show after all.
    I guess I better clarify. Was just giving distance from the door. I do expext it to be busy though.

Lots of lonely gun guys.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I'll be surprised if it's that busy. I expect it to be busier than normal, but I really don't think it'll be that crazy. It's still a small show after all.

If I remember right, the last one I went to there pre-pandemic I had to park on the north side of the building because of the crowd. That was a first for me. Not sure what to expect this time other than the same guys trying to sale some of the same s**t they drag around to every show for years now. However every once in awhile you get to see something you might not have ever seen before and it follows you home. :patriot:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I remember right, the last one I went to there pre-pandemic I had to park on the north side of the building because of the crowd. That was a first for me. Not sure what to expect this time other than the same guys trying to sale some of the same s**t they drag around to every show for years now. However every once in awhile you get to see something you might not have ever seen before and it follows you home. :patriot:

Yep, I was at that one too. Wasn't horrible, but it was getting busier by the time I left.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yep, I was at that one too. Wasn't horrible, but it was getting busier by the time I left.

Are you going to be there at the opening DD? I've redefined "line backed up to Minnesota Street" to mean "you can see Minnesota Street from the back of the line" :laugh:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Definitely a crowd. Met Brian of Brian’s Surplus and saw Ammoman Aaron.

drm-hp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Good show with alot of people buying.
    I found 200 pieces of 303 Savage brass, so I bought it all. Found a pistol that I have been looking for, for years at a price that was reasonable. The wife said that it will come home with me now, or she wants to hear nothing about it again. It came home with us.
    Good show overall!

Last edited:

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Not frequented a lot of gun shows myself the last few years other than for rwloading components. But my concern, With all the pandemic crazy , political crazy and panic buying with high prices. I have a feeling any gun show for the immediate future is going to have long lines and hifh prices like adter Newtown.

I hope I'm wrong but with some at the gun shows ($700 FNS pistols Still laughing at that one) acting like their stuff was gold before I hate to see it now

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The days of $10/box 9mm FMJ and $10 M2 PMags seem to be behind us. $20/50 9mm/115/FMJ and $15 M2 PMags was the norm today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There was a line about halfway out into the parking lot when they opened, but it moved quickly and really wasn't too bad once inside. Well, the crowd wasn't too bad. Prices on the other hand...

Actually I did see a couple of good deals (a Krag rifle in original military configuration, and a Browning 1910 .32 acp). One guy had a table full of nice milsurps but I thought $800 for a Type 99 Arisaka was a bit much. :n00b: Everything he had was crazy high. $1000 (I think) on a Yugo Mauser for example.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    There was a line about halfway out into the parking lot when they opened, but it moved quickly and really wasn't too bad once inside. Well, the crowd wasn't too bad. Prices on the other hand...

Actually I did see a couple of good deals (a Krag rifle in original military configuration, and a Browning 1910 .32 acp). One guy had a table full of nice milsurps but I thought $800 for a Type 99 Arisaka was a bit much. :n00b: Everything he had was crazy high. $1000 (I think) on a Yugo Mauser for example.

What was the Krag??? why was it such a deaL?? Ditto on the 1910...

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg

Only 1 of those arisakas were over $600, and I got a nice Type 99 fully kitted for $600, the one that was over was a Type 44 with the folding bayonet, which, iirc, the 44s are more rare. But yeah, the ugly Mitchell's Mauser doesn't deserve to be $1000, I was 'mirin' the L1A1 he had, but it was a bit more than I was willing to spend today.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom