• ...and so much more!
  • Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I used to set up at this venue. It was a "good enough" show until about seven or eight years ago when the new owner took it over, then it was a VERY different show. Lots of broke people who looked like they spent their last dime on admission to get into the show, but no money to spend once they got inside. Silly me, I brought OGC quality guns to a show being held on the west side of Indianapolis! I lost count of the times I had to tell guys to "please don't cycle the bolt, you'll will mar the jeweling down" {on a 1950s Browning Safari}. "Please don't turn the cylinder" {2nd generation Colt SAA near mint in the box} and the constant lever workers on my pre 1898 Winchester Models 1876 and 86. Not to mention the place looked like a casting call for a Tarzan movie. I cased up and left early. The promoter saw me and came over and said: "Don't come back". I told him not to do me any favors and laughed.

My take was this: If you have quality, collector grade arms, this is not the place for them. This is for common fare stuff and junk you want to dump. Nobody has any real money at this show, $500-$600 tops {not counting some dealers who do obviously}. I got spoiled doing shows in the south Florida area for twenty years where there is a healthy functioning economy and people have money to spend. Coming back to Indiana was an eye opener into just how bad things have gotten here. All the retirees from the closed down factories are well into their seventies and eighties now, and no longer are buying or even attending shows for the most part. It's sad from what I remember, but it is what it is as they say. I can't speak for the other shows in the area, but the Stout Field show is definitely a no-go for me.
    Nobody cut them Einstein, the tie wasn't so tight that the bolt couldn't be opened enough for the bore to be seen. Same with the cylinders. Does the prosecution rest from their cross examination?
    :lol2:

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    @GraySmoke you may want to slow your roll, or you're not going to last long here
    I have conversed with a couple of good guys on here, but like any place, there are some real jerks too, That's alright, I'm a big boy. How do I get one of those "site supporter" labels so I have a license to bully the new guys, and they can get threatened to "slow their roll" when they speak up for themselves? Some pretenders on this site I see. Claim to respect the Second Amendment while they dump all over the First.

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    I remember going to a Morgan Co. tax sale several years ago. A mature but not old woman & a younger man (presumably her son) dressed in what could have been Walmart or Goodwill clothing, spent over 1M (cash) that day. Can't really tell by looking at someone what they can afford.
    Yes, you usually can. There are exceptions to every rule, but for the most part, yes you can. If they are dressed like the Amish, they are loaded.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    there are some real jerks too,
    And you're starting to come as one yourself
    How do I get one of those "site supporter" label
    Real simple. Link below. But being a site supporter doesn't give you free reign to be an ass.

Please head to link below and introduce yourself

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    If you wake up in the morning and everyone you meet that day is an ass••••, You might just be the ass••••.

IBTL

:oldwise:
    Not everyone here is an ass, but you sound like you probably are. You didn't even bother to say welcome to the site or introduce yourself. Your a fine example of that world famous "Hoosier hospitality".

1SG USA Ret

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Pendleton
    I have gone to the 1500 for 39 years. It started on just one show a year. I am getting tired of paying $10 to park and $12 admission. Plus some of the out of state vendors charge Indiana tax on your purchase. Do they turn in the tax. I doubt it. I love going to the Stout Field Show. E Z close up parking (free), and $6 admission. Much better prices than the 1500. Yes, sometimes it gets crowded but if you know what time to go, it's not bad. In fact, My last three guns were bought there in 2023.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Not everyone here is an ass, but you sound like you probably are. You didn't even bother to say welcome to the site or introduce yourself. Your a fine example of that world famous "Hoosier hospitality".
    You may not believe this but not everyone lives on this site. But you’ve been here what, two days, and the first thing I read from you is a hit piece attacking a gunshow and its vendors and patrons. You also seem to have a distaste for the state in general.
    There is nothing like it was in the good old days. I’ll be 68 this year and have set up or attended thousands of gun shows all over the country and believe me I truly miss the shows of years gone by. I also miss being able to walk downtown at night, go to a movie in peace or eat at a local restaurant without having to check out every person in the door. Things change but you can’t just **** and moan about them all the time.
    Seems as you came looking for a fight and then complain when you got one. I don’t know you from Adam and you may well be a very fine fellow but so far that’s not how you’ve presented yourself in this thread. That’s my final word on the subject and I hope things get better for you.
    Anybody going to the 1500 next weekend?

Top Bottom