• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    it's smaller. Has gun and gun accessory dealers, no beanie babies, fudge etc.
    Worth the small price to get in, no parking fees either

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    worth the $5? sure, if you are in the area. far more used stuff than new.

I normally go there on saturday just so I can make a stop at ProFire's old location which was just couple minutes away.

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I've been once and I had to ignore most of what I heard the vendors were telling people. "this is the caliber they shot bin laden with" and other crazy stuff. Some crazy prices for heavily used firearms. I'm sure there's a few diamonds in the rough. I'll probably go to people watch and shake my head.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Good show to go to and pick up parts and supplies. As far as gun prices, they're all dreaming. $400 for a used Ruger P89..... please...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been once and I had to ignore most of what I heard the vendors were telling people. "this is the caliber they shot bin laden with" and other crazy stuff. Some crazy prices for heavily used firearms. I'm sure there's a few diamonds in the rough. I'll probably go to people watch and shake my head.

^^^This^^^ There are some crazy prices, but then again, have you ever been to a gun show (recently at least) where there weren't crazy prices? I've found some good deals on occasion though. One of my favorite "head shakers" are the people selling reloaded ammo for higher than new retail. And I mean even higher than panic priced retail. :n00b:

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Question

I have never attending this show. In fact, I haven't been to any gun shows in at least 2 years. I believe there is a NO loaded guns rule at most gun shows. Is that the case for this show? I went to their web site, but didn't see anything about it posted.
    Tri-State Gun Shows

I would like to CC if I can.

Thanks.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I have never attending this show. In fact, I haven't been to any gun shows in at least 2 years. I believe there is a NO loaded guns rule at most gun shows. Is that the case for this show? I went to their web site, but didn't see anything about it posted.
    Tri-State Gun Shows

Thanks.

i used to just go ahead and CC at the shows anyway, but not anymore. I'm tired of gun shops and shows that are supposedly pro 2A that restrict my right to carry. This past weekend I handed one of the no guns, no money cards to the girl taking money at a local show.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    worth the $5? sure, if you are in the area. far more used stuff than new.

I normally go there on saturday just so I can make a stop at ProFire's old location which was just couple minutes away.

Believe admission is $6. Just to prevent misunderstandings.

Have found some jewels at this show. (HK 91 rear sight tool-$5)

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    i used to just go ahead and CC at the shows anyway, but not anymore. I'm tired of gun shops and shows that are supposedly pro 2A that restrict my right to carry. This past weekend I handed one of the no guns, no money cards to the girl taking money at a local show.

To rent the armory or other facility for a gun show, the promoter must provide proof of liability insurance. The insurance company stipulates the rules of "No loaded guns", and the cable ties through the action to prevent loading. No one is going out of their way to infringe on your 2A rights.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Thats a small show mostly with used stuff. I did get a good deal on a PSA upper there once. Everything else was on the high side. But hey, these days EVERY gun show is high on prices.

It's worth going to if your close by.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Found a few deals at this show in the past but haven't been to one in ~ 2 years. Picked up a Charter Arms 32 snubbie for $250 for a gift back then. Also a full sized Bryco .380 for $100 (good deal? Was for me, traded it for more).

Trying to convince a few friends to go, make the drive worth while.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Bottom line it is worth going to, yes it is. Much more pleasant experience than the 1500. No problem parking, not so crowed you can move. Smells better. Down side, not as large a show, not as many vendors. Does that equate to not as many deals? I don't think so. It is hard as hell to find a deal at the 1500 (which I stopped going to). At least here if you don't find a deal you don't walk away feeling like you got raped.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have a table at the Gun show tomorrow and I believe Caroline, USDSs newest employee will be there for part of the morning promoting USDS before heading to the shop. I'll be passing out cards and showing off some Glock and M&P trigger work. Stop by and check us out if you plan to be there.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member

1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tri-State Gun Shows

Thanks.

I havent seen it mentioned, but I recall the last thread about the stout field show somebody mentioned that since its a National Guard Armory, its a no-go zone for carrying since its on an active military installation. Not an "against the private property rules" GFZ we normally deal with, but a full-on against the law prohibited area like a courthouse, jail, etc.

Or am I imagining things again?

Top Bottom