• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    GREAT. Customer service is awesome. US based. VERY helpful. And they offer multi line discounts. 10% off the 2nd line, 20% off the 3rd and 30% off the 4th.

Unlike ST who apparently changes the Transfer PIN on every request. Its good for 7 days. Or until its used during a port request. :xmad: That last bit isnt published, but thats the only explanation as to why the passcode they gave me is wrong this time.

I FINALLY discovered the problem and submitted using the correct (per ST support) account number using the transfer PIN I was provided 3 days ago. It just came back "incorrect PIN". So I just had to send literally the 5th transfer request.

Between their super secret squirrel shenanigans, and obstinate support reps, "sorry sir, I know Ive confirmed your identity but I cant tell you what your account number is. "I honestly think they make it so difficult to port a number so that you give up and decide just staying is less hassle.

Oh and Patriot treats employees well. Closed Sundays as well as holidays like tomorrow.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Request denied AGAIN.

Well, after being sent on a wild goose chase after being told I could speed things along and switch SIMs and that walmart carries them (they dont really) I called porting to validate EVERY SINGLE FIELD to make sure it was correct. It was. This time it rejected the port request almost immediately. WTF? So I called them.

Apparently after so many failed ports, the automated system locks the account. So even if you have everything perfect, it still refuses the transfer. But she could manually override if I could get Patriot to submit the request one more time. But the automated system wont allow me to send the exact same info over. I have to change (and break) the info to make the submit button light up.

Now Patriot is going to have to call Straight talk and do the port manually on Tuesday. If Patriot wasnt closed on Sundays she said she could do it immediately via a 3 way call.

So I cancelled auto refill and if we lose service Tuesday during the transfer, so be it.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not to derail, sorry CM, but how is patriot mobile? I’m pretty tired of spending an outrageous sum every month with att…
    We just went back to AT&T to get Direct TV streaming service. It slashed our cable bill. They matched our Verizon cell package and our internet is less money as well. Wins across the board.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FINALLY!

After ANOTHER 2 hours on the phone with them today, They FINALLY authorized the port request. It took 3 calls in and 2 callbacks to get it done. Part of the problem is they would keep hanging up on us during the transfer to the Porting agent (who would have to manually release the line), or schedule a callback with somebody NOT in Porting. :xmad:

Then even after they told me it wasnt locked to ST, it was. Once I ported the number, I submitted the release through ATT, and ST no longer denied the transfer and it unlocked. :faint:

But its finally working on the Patriot network, and all is well. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom