• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Never had much interest in the 4-wheeled variety, exponentially out of my price range anyway.

But here's the baddest Rolls Royce ever built, the P-51 Mustang with the Merlin Rolls Royce engine. Had a top speed over 430 mph and I believe it could approach 500 in a dive. Way ahead of its time.

P51%20Mustang_zpsswn1gsan.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Never had much interest in the 4-wheeled variety, exponentially out of my price range anyway.

But here's the baddest Rolls Royce ever built, the P-51 Mustang with the Merlin Rolls Royce engine. Had a top speed over 430 mph and I believe it could approach 500 in a dive. Way ahead of its time.

P51%20Mustang_zpsswn1gsan.jpg

Insert 1000 drool emojii's here!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    There has been a Rolls dealer in Zionsville for over 50 years. There was one parked at my office yesterday. They are not uncommon up here....doctors and lawyers.

I never really understood the appeal of a Rolls for a daily driver. A Rolls Royce is not meant to be driven, it's meant to be driven around in.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I never really understood the appeal of a Rolls for a daily driver. A Rolls Royce is not meant to be driven, it's meant to be driven around in.

Oh hell no... If I could afford one, I'd drive it. That's kinda the same reasoning I have when it comes to taking a cruise. "You gonna let me drive the boat? No? Nevermind then." :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There has been a Rolls dealer in Zionsville for over 50 years. There was one parked at my office yesterday. They are not uncommon up here....doctors and lawyers.

Whoa! Doctors in Zionsville and where you live must make a lot more money than my dad ever did (he was a general surgeon for 30+ years in Crawfordsville).

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Oh hell no... If I could afford one, I'd drive it. That's kinda the same reasoning I have when it comes to taking a cruise. "You gonna let me drive the boat? No? Nevermind then." :):

But you take a cruise because you don't want to drive the boat. You buy a Rolls because you want to be driven around in a car as big as your living room.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    When I was in college, I worked at a pretty nice country club; saw lots of luxury and sports cars. Last summer was my coolest "in the wild" sighting, a Superbird getting ready to get on the interstate.

Top Bottom