• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I was there on Friday. I saw lots of "black" guns in private hands. did they buy them there, or bring them in? I never saw money change hands. as far as I could tell, people were only looking. personally the prices made me laugh, they were just plumb crazy.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sorry, I hate to be this guy. But doing that might be the biggest ass hole douche bag move I have read on INGO. You want to go and ream a fellow gun owner out of his own money? I understand people are buying things at stupid high prices. But I wouldn't dream of selling any of my guns at a hyper inflated price, just for fun.

That's a ass hole move. I would never go out of my way, or purposely scam another gun owner like that. Just my $0.02

About 10 years ago, when credit became so easy to obtain that it seemed the only qualification for getting a mortgage was fogging a mirror, I saw lots of homes selling for more than the asking price due to the bidding war. Do you wanna know why homes sold for more than list? Because people had a desire to spend money and inventory was far lower than buyer traffic. What happens when inventory can't keep up with buyer demand? The price goes up.

There was no gouging. There was no inflation. There was no scam.

Same thing happening with firearms. It's worth what people are willing to pay for it. I see a dozen houses a month I wouldn't touch for half the asking price. But somebody buys it. Worth it to me? Not on your life. Worth it to someone else? You betcha.

There's far too much complaining about sellers asking higher prices around here. Don't wanna pay for it, don't. Let everybody decide for himself if the prices are inflated or not.

The-Last-Round

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Brazil
    Are people acutally even buying the marked up ARs and AKs?

Apparently. I was waiting in line around 11am and saw someone walking out with a box labeled "NEW AR-15 $2700"

Doesn't mean he paid it but the baseline was pretty high.

I stayed looking for HK stuff for most of the day. There were still a lot of ARs left. SO they were marked up but they weren't selling out at those prices. There were even a few tables where you could see where the dealer was crossing out and lowering prices as the day progressed.

Maybe that was Obama's plan all along: create a panic during a recession and all those icky white people that didn't vote for him will be priced out of the ooga-booga firearms.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I want to be clear that I do not plan to do this given it could even construed as illegal. That's why I asked. I figured best case scenario I would make $400 on two guns less gas. Simply not worth any criminal risk.

Smart move. Look at it this way. You buy 2 ebr's and the next day you sell them both. One person that buys on from you uses it for criminal activity. It is traced back to you and it is found out what you did. Legal or not, ain't worth the trouble in my book.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    It is called trafficking. Buying with the intent to sell. I have zero problem with anyone that can make a buck. But If caught it will at best ruin your day. At worst? My friend was standing in line at 1500 one year and guy next to him bought a 10/22 for cheep from a line waiter. He got inside and someone offered him double what he paid for it. (ATF sting?) he got a shiny new pair of bracelets to borrow and a free ride downtown. After that I do not know what happened.

Just saying. Skirting the law is a personal thing. Your an adult Presumably, your choice. Make sure you do not skirt the law by going 56mpg in a 55mph zone on the way there. But your chicken has flown the coop as they say. So I advise against it.

I'm gonna have to call B.S. on this. This question has been asked repeatedly, and no one has ever produced any actual state or federal code that makes what you just described illegal. I don't know what your friend actually did to get detained, but I find it hard to believe that it was related to the transaction described here.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    In the business

I'm gonna have to call B.S. on this. This question has been asked repeatedly, and no one has ever produced any actual state or federal code that makes what you just described illegal. I don't know what your friend actually did to get detained, but I find it hard to believe that it was related to the transaction described here.
    You do realize the BATFE makes the rules? The key is "in the business". That requires profit. Please google Randy Weaver and see if you want these guys hanging around your house. No malice intended. Just go to the BATFE website and check out the FAQ. I think it is titled "do I need an FFL".

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    You do realize the BATFE makes the rules? The key is "in the business". That requires profit. Please google Randy Weaver and see if you want these guys hanging around your house. No malice intended. Just go to the BATFE website and check out the FAQ. I think it is titled "do I need an FFL".

I have scoured the ATF website for a half hour and have turned up nothing even hinting at this scenario. I'm sorry, but until someone produces actual law from the ATF that says that this is illegal, I'm not going to concede this point. The only people who have produced actual laws have confirmed the belief that occasionally buying firearms with the intent to sell is not in any way illegal as long as it doesn't make up a significant percentage of your yearly income.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I have scoured the ATF website for a half hour and have turned up nothing even hinting at this scenario. I'm sorry, but until someone produces actual law from the ATF that says that this is illegal, I'm not going to concede this point. The only people who have produced actual laws have confirmed the belief that occasionally buying firearms with the intent to sell is not in any way illegal as long as it doesn't make up a significant percentage of your yearly income.

This is about the only "helpful" information I have found. Take it for what it's worth.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/16885-at_what_point_do_you_need_an_ffl.html

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rickyjohnson111
    Top Bottom