• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a couple ROKU's. They seem to work fine for me. I practically watch something daily and yes they are WiFi

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This has my curiosity also.

Here is a supposed Black Friday deal on Amazon. The description explains a lot. I don't know when the $10 savings expires.
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CLPP84/ref=s9_ds_bw_g23_ir01?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=1PYY6GXTBPHD7DHY969Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1335899722&pf_rd_i=384082011"]Amazon.com: Roku 2 XS 1080p Streaming Player: Electronics[/ame]

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    We have a roku and if it wasn't for outdoor and sportsman channel, cable would be cut to basic. We mostly stream netflix and pandora. It's been a great <$100 investment.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Western Digital WDLive for me but it's really meant to play stuff you already have on another device like a NAS with DLNA.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yes the Roku does except you have to purchase software to do so. Playon is one of those but I have yet to purchase anything. I tried using playon as a trial but I was mapping a drive through my PC to our NAS and it only worked properly once. I don't remember if I rebooted my PC or if it was the Roku playon software that just couldn't reconnect. I imagine if the videos were local on my PC then it probably would have been ok but I dont stream videos from my PC, they are located on the NAS.

There are other ones out there besides Playon but I am not paying for something that should be free.

I just bought a Samsung blu-ray DVD player with WiFi and it claims to be able to do that. I also got a laptop, desktop, video games, cricut imagine and a button maker for my birthday(today by the way. :) And I like Starbucks Gift Cards. hehe) so I haven't been able to try it out fully. I do know I have to install some software on my PC but theoretically I will be able to use my mapped drive to the NAS and it should work.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well, after watching the following video, the Logitech Revue is now on my Amazon list to buy if one doesn't show up on Christmas. I'll still probably get Rokus for the bedroom and guestroom.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad1LmFF3e_8[/ame]

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    OK, a bump for my favorite streaming player...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ahAkLPlH0U[/ame]

radonc73

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Lowell
    I bought one last week and still have not been able to get through it all. I googled private channels and found even more channels. If this goes well it could be the begining of a long romance.

Top Bottom