• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Going to look at a Sandrail tonight or tomorrow. It's a 2 seater, 1600 VW engine... Don't have many other details yet.... But supposedly it's street legal.

I gave my insurance company a quick call and at first they were telling me it recreational use only, no on road riding but when I told her it was plated currently and street legal, she put me on hold for awhile and came back with a different answer.
    She told me if I could get a plate and registration from the BMW, then they would insure it as an automobile?

Anyone familiar with Sandrail street legal laws here?

I'm thinking about one, because we'll they're cool, fairly cheap..... But big reason is I have some neck issues and riding my motorcycle is starting to bother me.... Been thinking of a street legal rail for awhile now.

Well one popped up, so.... Anyone??!

Oh, this will mainly be for around town and to and from work cheap transportation on nice days.

I think owner said title reads 2000 assembled???

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    There are multiple ways to build them. Some people start fresh with nothing and it would then be given a brand new VIN and title. Some start with a VW and title them that way. Either way, as stated above, they must have all the requirements a normal car does. Have fun! I've always wanted one.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom